Translation docs and workflow

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

May 16, 2017, 6:27:15 AM5/16/17
to qubes-devel, Andrew David Wong

Hi all,

Few days ago I had very interesting conversation about translating our
documentation, where a lot of important questions were asked. With
Tobias's permission, I post it here for discussion:

> ## Concerns concerning necessary instructions for translations.
>
> Hello,
>
> I have some questions whose answers I need to
> understand how to translate the Qubes OS contents you
> uploaded to Transifex into e.g. German. Since I
> couldn't find any instructions on how to translate
> these quasi-Markdown files, I'm asking this way.

Those files are in github-flavored markdown. You can read more about it here:
https://help.github.com/articles/basic-writing-and-formatting-syntax/
https://help.github.com/articles/configuring-jekyll/#front-matter-is-required

> I have 4 concerns.
>

> 1)
> The last entry concerning the issue [1] points out that
> all file names shall remain untranslated while all
> paths have to be preceeded with a "/de" (in case of
> German). Is that correct?
>
> Thus, the Git repository file
> "/qubes-doc/reference/vm-tools.md" has to be translated
> from

> ---
> layout: doc
> title: VM Tools
> redirect_from:
> - /en/doc/vm-tools/
> - /doc/VmTools/
> - /wiki/VmTools/
> ---
>
> VM tools:
>
> - [qvm-copy-to-vm](/doc/vm-tools/qvm-copy-to-vm/)
> - [qvm-open-in-dvm](/doc/vm-tools/qvm-open-in-dvm/)
> - [qvm-open-in-vm](/doc/vm-tools/qvm-open-in-vm/)
> - [qvm-run](/doc/vm-tools/qvm-run/)

> ---
> layout: doc
> title: VM-Werkzeuge
> redirect_from:
> -
> - /de/doc/VmTools/
> - /de/wiki/VmTools/
> ---
>
> VM-Werkzeuge:
>
> - [qvm-copy-to-vm](/de/doc/vm-tools/qvm-copy-to-vm/)
> -
> [qvm-open-in-dvm](/de/doc/vm-tools/qvm-open-in-dvm/)
> - [qvm-open-in-vm](/de/doc/vm-tools/qvm-open-in-vm/)
> - [qvm-run](/de/doc/vm-tools/qvm-run/)

> Is that correct? (Please compare line-by-line, since
> Transifex forces to translate this way.)

Yes, that's right.

> 2)
> Within the interactive translation tool of Transifex,
> there is a tag named "notranslate" for some phrases.
> What does it mean?

https://docs.transifex.com/live/webmasters#how-to-handle-non-translatable-content

A phrase that should not be translated. So, from those options below I'd guess "c", but not sure - maybe transifex automatically copy original text in that case, so it doesn't matter? Anyway "c" sounds like the safest option.

> Here are some possible answers I
> found by thinking about it:
>
> a) I may ignore these phrases altogether, because they
> will be translated automatically afterwards. (But why
> do they appear here anyway? That's annoying.)
>
> b) I have to "Save" the phrase. The content in the
> field for the translated phrase doesn't matter. (This
> could be confusing.)
>
> c) I have to copy the original phrase as a whole to the
> field for the translated phrase, thus both strings will
> match exactly.
>
> d) I have to leave the field for the translated phrase
> blank. (But this looks like the line is going to become
> empty in the resulting Markdown file or vanish at all,
> maybe resulting in strange errors.)
>
> After having written down this second concern, I found
> out by chance that the tag "notranslate" means solution
> c) (see the warning signs in "intro.txt"). But it's
> confusing that empty strings are accepted as a
> "notranslate"-translation (see "vm-tools.txt", for
> example).
>

> 3)
> What about special rules for Markdown or the webserver
> or something? Or just for keeping the md-files
> good-looking? For example the number of underlining
> "="s for a section title. Or the "redirect_from"
> directive? Or special characters that might not be
> allowed in Markdown?

Take a look at links I put above.

> 4)
> How to translate special terms? I'd like to open and/or
> see discussions if needed. (For that, I don't want to
> need a Google account.)

You do not need a google account for it.

This is indeed a good idea. Maybe it should be just additional section here: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/doc-guidelines/ ?

> I can imagine that the lack of such an instructions
> page is a good reason why the translation progress is
> (in my view) quite low. For example, when I opened the
> resource "vm-tools.txt" for translating it into German,
> the only one phrase translated yet was (and still is)
> "redirect_from:", translated via TM as
> "umgeleitet_von:", probably resulting in strange errors
> in the end. Other files seem to be well-translated, but
> strings like "=======================" have just been
> copied or haven't been translated at all. See
> "intro.txt" for example.
>

> I hope that I could help you with that. If I'm totally
> wrong then it's also okay for me. The only aim for me
> is to help you.

Thanks!

> [...]

> 15) Beautify the original md-files before copying them to Transifex. E.g. some sentences are spread over several lines, therefore, translations of such a partial sentence might fit here, but not there. An example file is "templates.txt". This may become a problem in combination with 14). Also in the source text files, some sentences are written in a single line in common. E.g. in "system-requirements". See also step #2 below.
>
> 16) Problems with leading and trailing whitespaces, being relevant for e.g. Markdown quotes in list elements or for code blocks. As far as I can see, I miss leading spaces in the Transifex lines at all. Maybe the files have been uploaded without these spaces or Transifex has removed them. An example file is "qrexec3.txt".
>
> 17) All the "permalink: ..." strings seem to be tagged with "notranslate" (resulting in keeping them as they are), although you agreed in your last message that those paths have to be preceeded with e.g. "/de" (German). See also 10).
>

> All in all, I suggest to restart the translation process as described in the steps below. However, waiting for a first result could also be helpful, because you could see what to improve next time.
>

> Step 1) Prepare a comprehensive, error-free and complete how-to documentation for translating strings. For this, visit all source text files thoroughly, at least once.
>
> Step 2) Beautify all the source text files. See https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/doc-guidelines/
>
> Step 3) Replace special characters that might vanish in Transifex (such as leading spaces) with unused strings. For the translators, it is important not to use these strings --> doc.
>
> Step 4) Cancel the current Transifex Qubes translation project and start a new one with no features like "TM Autofill".
>
> Step 5) Send the how-to-translate documentation link to the (new) translators.
>
> Step 6) Wait for glamorous translations.
>
> Step 7) Replace the strings back (reverse of step #3).
>
> Step 8) Love it!
>

> Tell me where I may help you.
>
> Kind regards,
> Tobias
>
> [1] https://help.github.com/articles/basic-writing-and-formatting-syntax/#relative-links
>
> [ Reply https://www.transifex.com/user/messages/reply/183967/ ]
>
> [1] https://www.transifex.com/user/profile/tokidev/

> 18) Other Transifex obstacles AFAIK:
> a) no empty translation string possible (means "blank lines")
> b) no untranslated strings possible (means "deleted lines")
> c) unable to insert lines
>
> 19) Other workarounds/ways for using Transifex as intended:
> a) MD -> HTML -> translate -> HTML -> MD
> b) MD -> Wiki Markup -> translate -> Wiki Markup -> MD
> c) MD -> extract texts to translate to txt (including *formattings*) -> translate -> reintegrate -> MD

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
Invisible Things Lab
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

tokidev

May 16, 2017, 8:22:42 AM5/16/17
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes-devel, Andrew David Wong
Hello everybody,

I'd like to add that yesterday, I recieved an email from Nina (the
Transifex supporter I'm currently discussing with) with a very suprising
and interesting outcome that I didn't expect:

Markdown is supported.

Even if it's not documented nor listed in the list of supported formats,
it looks very promising, at least on a screenshot she sent me. If we are
lucky then many issues I listed can be solved by just using our original
*.md files, instead of renaming them to *.txt and back again.

Could someone test it by uploading a Markdown-feature-rich *.md file to
Transifex, trying to translate it and downloading it again?

I'm going to reply Nina in about six hours and ask her about some
remaining details.

Kind regards,
Tobias

Andrew David Wong

May 16, 2017, 8:44:56 PM5/16/17
to qubes-devel, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Andrew David Wong

May 16, 2017, 8:46:49 PM5/16/17
to tokidev, qubes-devel, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Michael Carbone

blacklight

May 17, 2017, 9:19:34 AM5/17/17
to qubes-devel, a...@qubes-os.org

It might be a little off topic, but i was wondering what the requirements are to be accepted into the transifex qubes project, and in case there are noone, how long it would take to get accepted into the project?

Michael Carbone

May 17, 2017, 10:32:18 AM5/17/17
to Andrew David Wong, tokidev, qubes-devel, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
Andrew David Wong:
> On 2017-05-16 07:22, tokidev wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>
>> I'd like to add that yesterday, I recieved an email from Nina (the
>> Transifex supporter I'm currently discussing with) with a very
>> suprising and interesting outcome that I didn't expect:
>
>> Markdown is supported.
>
>> Even if it's not documented nor listed in the list of supported
>> formats, it looks very promising, at least on a screenshot she
>> sent me. If we are lucky then many issues I listed can be solved by
>> just using our original *.md files, instead of renaming them to
>> *.txt and back again.
>
> That is, indeed, surprising, since I believe it was Nina who told us
> that *.md files are not supported. This is why we were forced to
> rename them to *.txt in the first place. Perhaps it's a new feature of
> Transifex? If so, it's a good one!

also a heads-up, folks are opening a lot of issues and comments in
transifex that I don't have the capacity to answer or resolve. If anyone
with more interest/time in localization efforts can contribute that
would be really appreciated. I will also ask the Localization Lab folks.

--
Michael Carbone

Qubes OS | https://www.qubes-os.org
@QubesOS <https://www.twitter.com/QubesOS>

PGP fingerprint: D3D8 BEBF ECE8 91AC 46A7 30DE 63FC 4D26 84A7 33B4

tokidev

May 17, 2017, 11:07:26 AM5/17/17
to Andrew David Wong, qubes-devel, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Michael Carbone
On 2017-05-16 07:22, tokidev wrote:
> Hello everybody,

> I'd like to add that yesterday, I recieved an email from Nina (the
>  Transifex supporter I'm currently discussing with) with a very
> suprising and interesting outcome that I didn't expect:

> Markdown is supported.

> Even if it's not documented nor listed in the list of supported
> formats, it looks very promising, at least on a screenshot she
> sent me. If we are lucky then many issues I listed can be solved by
> just using our original *.md files, instead of renaming them to
> *.txt and back again.

That is, indeed, surprising, since I believe it was Nina who told us
that *.md files are not supported. This is why we were forced to
rename them to *.txt in the first place. Perhaps it's a new feature of
Transifex? If so, it's a good one!

Hello Andrew,
hello everyone,

Here is Nina's email from a few hours ago, showing the answers to my issues, summarized here:

Issue #1: Does the feature "TM Autofill" aka "TM Fill-up" work properly without making troubles?
Issue #2: Is Markdown supported?
Issue #3: What does the tag "notranslate" mean?

Am 17.05.2017 um 11:48 schrieb Nina Eleftheriadou:
Hi Tobias,

Please find my comments/answers below:

Issue #1:

Yes, that helps. Yesterday, I tried to prove my thesis again, but it doesn't work anymore. Maybe one of the maintainers has turned that feature off? I'm a bit confused.

I'm still not sure yet, but it seems that you are right. Please pardon all the inconveniences I made.

Answer:
No. The setting is still on:

Screen-Shot-2017-05-17-at-11-00-48-AM.png

Based on the current implementation, TM is not allowed to overwrite the translations of the already translated strings.

This is the way this feature works and as far as I can tell this is the behavior that both translators and localization managers expect.

No worries. I am glad that everything is clear now.

Issue #2:
Markdown is supported?! This is indeed a very surprising and exciting outcome! Great news!

As you may read here [1], in the past, the developers of "Qubes" assumed by looking up your list of supported formats that Markdown is not supported by Transifex. That's why they decided to rename the *.md files to *.txt files first, upload those to Transifex, wait for translations, download the translated *.txt files and rename them to *.md back again. As far as I understand you now, there is no need for such a workaround. They may simply use their Markdown files directly. Is that correct?

Having said this, your list on the page [2] seems to be somewhat incomplete. (I recommend to update/complete it, since also other projects like to *see* that their formats are supported.)

Answer:
As you correctly pointed out, Markdown was not supported in the past and the TXT file format was suggested as a workaround.

However, recently we started working on the Markdown file format and a beta version will be available soon.

That's why it is not publicly available yet.

If your localization managers are interested in this format then when the beta version is available - it is expected to be deployed until the end of the current week - we can enable this for the organization as soon as we receive such a request.

Issue #3:
Concerning duplicates you said this:

> Duplicate entries within the same resource are ignored by Transifex and
> that's why they do not appear in Transifex web interface.

As far as I can see on your screen shot "Screen-Shot-2017-05-15-at-3-50-13-PM.png", the phrase "I read this book." appears twice, thus, making me happy. So, is it true that at least Markdown files are not affected by that duplicate reduction?[1]

[2]Another thing besides Markdown, concerning the tag "notranslate": What does it exactly mean? When I try to enter something different from the source phrase, a warning "Phrase tagged to receive a copy of source string as translation" appears. But what does even that mean?
a) Is it just a guideline I may break if necessary?
b) In the end, will the source phrase automatically be inserted into the translated file, regardless of the phrase in the translation box?
c) Does the translation box has to contain the source phrase, otherwise
a download won't be possible?
d) something else ...?

Answer:
Yes. Identical entries will be parsed as different strings. As a result, all of them will be available in the editor for translation[1]

[2] Localization managers can use one of the available smart tags we offer in order to prevent some strings from being translated:

  • "notranslate"
  • "locked".

More information about these tags can be found in our FAQ section here [Can I lock a string and prevent it from being translated?].

Please note that the administrator users of the organization has the option to set up translation checks according to which translators will get a proper error/warning message in the editor if the translation they apply is not a valid/expected one.

The translation checks that are related to the above smart tags are the following ones:

Screen_Shot_2016-10-27_at_9_26_10_AM.png

Please note that if the translation check has been set up as an error, the translation cannot be submitted.

However, if the translation check has been set up as a warning, then a warning message will appear but the translation can successfully be submitted.

More information about this functionality can be found here.

Question #1:
I would like to copy useful snippets from our conversation here and paste them into a public discussion. Is that okay for you?

Answer:
Yes, feel free to share this information with your team.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Nina

--
Nina Eleftheriadou
Customer Success Engineer | Transifex

How would you rate my reply?
Satisfaction Rating Icons
{#HS:362972210-28474#}

These are the two footnotes [1] and [2] used in the section of issue #2:
[1] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1452
[2] https://docs.transifex.com/formats/introduction

Kind regards,
Tobias

tokidev

May 17, 2017, 12:49:30 PM5/17/17
Am 17.05.2017 um 02:44 schrieb Andrew David Wong:
> On 2017-05-16 05:27, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
>>> Summarizing my concerns:
>>>
>>> In my view, it would be very handy and helpful to provide an
>>> instructions page showing the necessary rules on how to translate
>>> and what to consider for gaining unbroken and well-functioning
>>> Markdown files. Note that translators who don't know that these
>>> phrases are parts of Markdown files could accidently break those
>>> files. Also note that not everybody is well-trained in editing
>>> Markdown files, knowing specials rules (like "redirect_from"
>>> directives and "/paths/to/someting/", constant_filenames) and
>>> anything else like that.
>> This is indeed a good idea. Maybe it should be just additional
>> section here: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/doc-guidelines/ ?
>

> Yes, please do feel free to submit a PR against that page.

Hello Andrew,
hello all,

I would like to create and discuss the guidelines to follow when
translating the Qubes OS documentation.

Andrew suggested to add such a section on this page [1]. I like to add
that there may be some language-dependent guidelines to work out. These
may be written on their own new page since it doesn't make sense to
translate those language-dependent guidelines.

In Transifex, there is a keyboard shortcut (alt + y) to "View project's
style guide". It currently doesn't seem to work or there is no style
guide yet. Maybe, as a very short style guide, we could link to the
guidelines?

In case we upload the *.md files, should we upload them next to their
*.txt pendants or should we have a clean restart? The former can help
translating, but could be confusing.

I suggest that the *.md source files have to be reviewed by a native
Correct-English speaker and Markdown-beautifier before uploading them to
Transifex.

I suggest to either open a new "qubes-translation" mailing list [2] or
at least to add an invitation for translators to join the "qubes-devel"
list here [3].
Please check if the translation guidelines page looks like intended.

Instead of creating a GitHub account and requesting to pull, there is a
nice attachment in this email here, containing my quick-and-dirty
proposal for the "Translation Guidelines". For getting a preview, I used
a Markdown parser that is probably different from that one used on
www.qubes-os.org. Thus, you have to adapt where necessary. Note that
these guidelines imply a certain workflow that also has to be worked out
yet. Feel free to discuss, correct and adapt.

Kind regards,
Tobias

[1] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/doc-guidelines/
translation_guidelines.md

Andrew David Wong

May 20, 2017, 8:03:19 PM5/20/17
to tokidev, qubes-devel, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Michael Carbone

tokidev

May 21, 2017, 6:57:16 AM5/21/17
to Andrew David Wong, qubes-devel, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Michael Carbone
Thank you to inform us about the circumstances. Please pardon my long email.

I don't know if other translators will have enough time to help but
would it be possible for some of us to undertake the "translation
project" job? It looks like you need more manpower.

Tobias

blacklight

May 21, 2017, 10:04:41 AM5/21/17
to qubes-devel
I would happily volunteer if needed, I am a dutch translator.

Andrew David Wong

May 21, 2017, 2:42:41 PM5/21/17
to tokidev, qubes-devel, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Michael Carbone

blacklight

May 21, 2017, 2:55:09 PM5/21/17
to qubes-devel
Where could we start with such a project, maybe the qubes issues page om github?

Andrew David Wong

May 21, 2017, 5:15:51 PM5/21/17
to blacklight, qubes-devel

tokidev

May 23, 2017, 5:09:35 PM5/23/17
to Michael Carbone, qubes-devel, Andrew David Wong, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
Am 17.05.2017 um 16:31 schrieb Michael Carbone:
> also a heads-up, folks are opening a lot of issues and comments in
> transifex that I don't have the capacity to answer or resolve. If anyone
> with more interest/time in localization efforts can contribute that
> would be really appreciated. I will also ask the Localization Lab folks.

Hello Michael,

I'm interested in helping you. Since there could be others who like to
help, too, I share this conversation with the mailing list.

I have some questions regarding autonomy:

1) How much power do you want to give me (and others) and how can I (we)
recognize if an action lies within that power?

2) Which issues and comments do you mean? How can I (we) access them?

3) Do I (we) have to report the progress? And/or the solutions? And how
frequently?

Kind regards,
Tobias

Michael Carbone

May 25, 2017, 8:52:33 AM5/25/17
to tokidev, qubes-devel, Andrew David Wong, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Erin McConnell
tokidev:
> Am 17.05.2017 um 16:31 schrieb Michael Carbone:
>> also a heads-up, folks are opening a lot of issues and comments in
>> transifex that I don't have the capacity to answer or resolve. If anyone
>> with more interest/time in localization efforts can contribute that
>> would be really appreciated. I will also ask the Localization Lab folks.
>>

> Hello Michael,
>
> I'm interested in helping you. Since there could be others who like to
> help, too, I share this conversation with the mailing list.
>
> I have some questions regarding autonomy:
>
> 1) How much power do you want to give me (and others) and how can I (we)
> recognize if an action lies within that power?

At minimum anyone can apply to be a translator for the project on
transifex. If you want to do additional efforts (as you have been
doing), we can make you a coordinator, which would allow you to create
discussions, resolve translation issues within transifex.

Andrew/Marek we okay with that?

I've asked Erin at Localization Lab (cc'ed) what that process is to do
so, because our set-up in Transifex makes it non-obvious to me.

> 2) Which issues and comments do you mean? How can I (we) access them?

I think you need to be a coordinator or maintainer to receive the
notifications (or "watch" the project?), things like:

https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425501
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425509
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425545
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425548
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425546
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425542
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425557

and further ago:

https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#fr/glossarytxt/109041574
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#fr/glossarytxt/109041573
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/glossarytxt/109041564
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/qubes_manager/107414540
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/glossarytxt/109041573
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/qubes_manager/107414567
https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#fr/glossarytxt/109041538

some of these efforts involve fixing issues found in the english during
the translation process back in the qubes-doc and qubesos.github.io repos.

> 3) Do I (we) have to report the progress? And/or the solutions? And how
> frequently?

I would love to know other folks' thoughts on what the ideal workflow
would be. We want some way to know when a resource has been fully
translated, so that it can be reviewed and then included in builds.

If you run into any issues or have questions, please post them on
qubes-devel -- also Erin from Localization Lab has a lot of experience
and knowledge regarding the Transifex platform and localization
community, which may be helpful in your efforts as well.

They have a dedicated mailing list for managing localization/translation
efforts:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/otfl10n
more info: https://www.localizationlab.org/

If the traffic becomes too much maybe we'll create a
localization/internationalization mailing list dedicated to this.

Michael

Andrew David Wong

May 25, 2017, 11:41:26 PM5/25/17
to Michael Carbone, tokidev, qubes-devel, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Erin McConnell

tokidev

May 26, 2017, 7:34:21 AM5/26/17
to Michael Carbone, qubes-devel, Andrew David Wong, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Erin McConnell
Am 25.05.2017 um 14:52 schrieb Michael Carbone:
> tokidev:
>> Am 17.05.2017 um 16:31 schrieb Michael Carbone:
>>> also a heads-up, folks are opening a lot of issues and comments in
>>> transifex that I don't have the capacity to answer or resolve. If anyone
>>> with more interest/time in localization efforts can contribute that
>>> would be really appreciated. I will also ask the Localization Lab folks.
>>>

>> Hello Michael,
>>
>> I'm interested in helping you. Since there could be others who like to
>> help, too, I share this conversation with the mailing list.
>>
>> I have some questions regarding autonomy:
>>
>> 1) How much power do you want to give me (and others) and how can I (we)
>> recognize if an action lies within that power?
>
> At minimum anyone can apply to be a translator for the project on
> transifex. If you want to do additional efforts (as you have been
> doing), we can make you a coordinator, which would allow you to create
> discussions, resolve translation issues within transifex.

I appreciate the idea of becoming a coordinator. But first, I like to
know/model the whole translation process/workflow since it doesn't make
sense for me to coordinate without knowing that process in detail.

> Andrew/Marek we okay with that?
>
> I've asked Erin at Localization Lab (cc'ed) what that process is to do
> so, because our set-up in Transifex makes it non-obvious to me.
>
>> 2) Which issues and comments do you mean? How can I (we) access them?
>
> I think you need to be a coordinator or maintainer to receive the
> notifications (or "watch" the project?), things like:
>
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425501
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425509
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425545
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425548
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425546
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425542
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/development-workflowtxt/66425557
>
> and further ago:
>
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#fr/glossarytxt/109041574
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#fr/glossarytxt/109041573
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/glossarytxt/109041564
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/qubes_manager/107414540
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/glossarytxt/109041573
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#es/qubes_manager/107414567
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/qubes/translate/#fr/glossarytxt/109041538

I can't access any of these pages (I get a server error message). But if
you mean the discussions in the lower right corner of the translation
page, I have a rough idea of it.

> some of these efforts involve fixing issues found in the english during
> the translation process back in the qubes-doc and qubesos.github.io repos.

I see. Could be done with PRs.

>> 3) Do I (we) have to report the progress? And/or the solutions? And how
>> frequently?
>
> I would love to know other folks' thoughts on what the ideal workflow
> would be. We want some way to know when a resource has been fully
> translated, so that it can be reviewed and then included in builds.

I fully agree with you.

> If you run into any issues or have questions, please post them on
> qubes-devel -- also Erin from Localization Lab has a lot of experience
> and knowledge regarding the Transifex platform and localization
> community, which may be helpful in your efforts as well.

Okay.

> They have a dedicated mailing list for managing localization/translation
> efforts:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/otfl10n

I can't access it without a Google account. I won't register one, so,
I'm sorry.

> more info: https://www.localizationlab.org/
>
> If the traffic becomes too much maybe we'll create a
> localization/internationalization mailing list dedicated to this.

I agree with that since localization/internationalization might be
uninteresting for many qubes-devel followers and vice versa.

> Michael

Kind regards,
Tobias