Building from source including Xen

t3sserakt

Aug 11, 2017, 11:00:01 AM8/11/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi *,

I like to build Qubes from source. For that I found this documentation

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qubes-builder/

I also like to build Xen from source. From the Qubes install
documentation

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/installation-guide/

it reads like the Qubes installer downloads Xen.

What do I need to do, that the installer is using my own Xen build?

Thanks in advance

t3sserakt

t3sserakt

Aug 11, 2017, 11:11:42 AM8/11/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

Jean-Philippe Ouellet

Aug 11, 2017, 11:14:18 AM8/11/17
to t3...@posteo.de, qubes-devel
On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:59 AM, t3sserakt <t3...@posteo.de> wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I like to build Qubes from source. For that I found this documentation
>
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qubes-builder/
>
> I also like to build Xen from source. From the Qubes install documentation
>
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/installation-guide/
>
> it reads like the Qubes installer downloads Xen.

It downloads (and verifies) the sources.

> What do I need to do, that the installer is using my own Xen build?

Nothing, just use qubes-builder as documented. Qubes carries a couple
local patches to Xen, so it is already built from source by necessity.

See also: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-vmm-xen/