Xen exploit mitigations

Scumbag

Mar 2, 2021, 2:17:55 PM3/2/21
to qubes-devel

I asked this before on Qubes forum(https://qubes-os.discourse.group/t/xen-exploit-migitations/2469), but there were no replies so I'm hoping I'll get replies here:

I saw in the Xen 4.14 release notes that Xen now supports hardware based Control-flow Enforcement Technology (CET) which has been introduced into Intels Tiger Lake and AMDs Zen3 CPUs.
- Does Qubes support this as well?
- And does Xen also have a softwarebased CFI?
- Does Xen also support ASLR now? Some years ago I read a post from Qubes saying that Xen didn’t have many exploit migitations and didn’t even support ASLR.

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Mar 2, 2021, 10:47:51 PM3/2/21
to Scumbag, qubes-devel

Scumbag