Fedora 30 approaching EOL, Fedora 31 TemplateVM available, Fedora 32 TemplateVM in testing

Andrew David Wong

Apr 30, 2020, 10:01:13 AM4/30/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Dear Qubes Community,

This announcement includes several updates regarding Fedora TemplateVMs.

Fedora 30 approaching EOL
=========================

With the release of Fedora 32 on April 28, Fedora 30 is expected to
reach EOL (end-of-life) [1] on May 26, 2020.

Fedora 31 TemplateVM available
==============================

A new Fedora 31 TemplateVM is now available for both Qubes 4.0 and 4.1.
Instructions are available for upgrading Fedora TemplateVMs. [2] We
also provide a fresh Fedora 31 TemplateVM package through the official
Qubes repositories, which you can get with the following commands (in
dom0).

Standard [3] Fedora 31 TemplateVM:

$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-31

Minimal [4] Fedora 31 TemplateVM:

$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-fedora-31-minimal

After upgrading to a Fedora 31 TemplateVM, please remember to switch all
qubes that were using the old template to use the new one. [5]

Fedora 32 TemplateVM in testing
===============================

For advanced users, a new Fedora 32 TemplateVM is currently available in
the `qubes-templates-itl-testing` repository for both Qubes 4.0 and 4.1.
We would greatly appreciate testing and feedback [6] from the community
regarding this template.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/End_of_life
[2] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/template/fedora/upgrade/
[3] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora/
[4] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/minimal/
[5] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/#switching
[6] https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/testing/#providing-feedback

This announcement is also available on the Qubes website:
https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2020/04/30/fedora-31-template-available/

--
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS

Demi M. Obenour

Apr 30, 2020, 10:55:02 AM4/30/20
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 2020-04-30 10:00, Andrew David Wong wrote:
> Dear Qubes Community,
>
> This announcement includes several updates regarding Fedora TemplateVMs.
>
> Fedora 30 approaching EOL
>
> With the release of Fedora 32 on April 28, Fedora 30 is expected to
> reach EOL (end-of-life) [1] on May 26, 2020.

When I used dnf system-upgrade on one of my templates, the result was a broken template.

Sincerely,

Demi

signature.asc

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki