qubes-builder-fedora name

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Apr 12, 2018, 2:11:35 PM4/12/18
to qubes-devel, Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)

Konstantin Ryabitsev

Apr 12, 2018, 2:22:56 PM4/12/18
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes-devel, Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)
On 04/12/18 14:09, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> 2. Rename to qubes-builder-redhat - as both Fedora and CentOS are
> (almost) directly developed by RedHat.

You probably don't want to do that because "redhat" is a trademark. At
least do -rh or -rhrpm.

--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Director, IT Infrastructure Security

signature.asc

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Apr 12, 2018, 2:24:26 PM4/12/18
to Konstantin Ryabitsev, qubes-devel, Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)

Frédéric Pierret (fepitre)

Apr 13, 2018, 8:12:43 AM4/13/18
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes-devel
Hi,

I would prefer option 3 to avoid any 'RedHat' related naming.

I would also vote for option 4, if we consider in a 'near' future to handle other RPM related distro like OpenSuse(yast) or Mageia(urpmi). Of course some work will be necessary in "builder-fedora" but it is feasible.

So it is up to the global opinion :)

Best,
Frédéric
signature.asc

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Apr 13, 2018, 10:27:54 AM4/13/18
to Frédéric Pierret (fepitre), qubes-devel