Delay of Qubes 4.0rc2

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Sep 18, 2017, 6:34:04 AM9/18/17
to qubes-devel

mirek.woj...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2017, 8:03:18 AM9/20/17
to qubes-devel
Hi Marek,

Thanks for the info.
It would be useful to update the information on the site for regular users.

Regards.

Dominique St-Pierre Boucher

Sep 20, 2017, 8:54:39 AM9/20/17
to qubes-devel
I was about to propose the same modification!

yura...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2017, 2:27:23 PM9/20/17
to qubes-devel
 I would like to third that suggestion, it's a good for the community to be more welcoming and informative for the people who don't want to, or don't have time to dig into forums. It also serves as a way to hype Qubes a bit more in a positive way, or promote if you may. Don't get me wrong, I understand Qubes try to be modest as it is evident by your actions, which is to be applauded, it's a characteristic I like in others. However many times, Qubes comes across as being a bit too modest, or too silent for that matter. Essentially at times leaning over towards the other opposite extreme. A little bit more of hype or motivated community involvement wouldn't hurt, actually it might do Qubes quite some good to get some well deserved attention out there in the world. Considering what you guys archived, it's stunning that not more people are getting into Qubes yet. Perhaps this increased attention is unwanted? Although I don't think it is, but it sometimes does seem like Qubes just want to be left alone from any outside attention. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, though others might or might not come to the same conclusion.

Still, you guys are doing an amazing job! Also I have no problems with the delays either, I know a good job is being done.
What I feel is a bit lacking though is the lack of information, lack of Qubes community culture, involvement, etc. It fees like it needs more hype, Adrenalin if you may. But not over-hyped, rather a sort of realistic hype, staying natural, and not over-natural or under-natural.

Being proactive, rather than reactive, when it comes to the community.

Qubes is really amazing, so it's not the biggest issue in the world even though it may risk to come across as being written as such. But perhaps the bigger question is, are we allowed to bottom-up engage and build in the community ourselves without clear laid out community leadership and guidelines from the Qubes team? Otherwise finding someone who might be up for that job, or more, could perhaps be another solution. Of course only if you find it being an issue as well. I also have no idea if others see it the same way either.

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Sep 20, 2017, 2:28:37 PM9/20/17
to mirek.woj...@gmail.com, qubes-devel

Sven Semmler

Sep 20, 2017, 3:49:26 PM9/20/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

joev...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2017, 5:33:31 PM10/17/17
to qubes-devel
Waited like a kid on Christmas Morning.  Stocking empty :(
No worries, your hard work is appreciated and you have my gratitude and my patience.

Is there anything in particular that is causing the delay?  A specific feature such as HVM PCI Passthrough or something with Xen?

Thanks.

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Oct 17, 2017, 5:53:40 PM10/17/17
to joev...@gmail.com, qubes-devel