Radiator Hoses - Saloon with rad in nose

list...@liberator-systems.co.uk

Jul 28, 2023, 2:19:36 PM7/28/23
to Quantum Owners Group
Anyone happen to know the source(s) for top & bottom rad hoses? Standard Fiesta ones are obviously not long enough with rad in nosecone. The bottom hose is the type with T juntion  feed from heater return.
John

Ken Needham

Jul 29, 2023, 8:52:54 AM7/29/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Hi quality silicone hoses are available from  www.viperperformance.co.uk.
They make hoses that enable one to make up any link between units.
regards
ken

Anyone happen to know the source(s) for top & bottom rad hoses? Standard Fiesta ones are obviously not long enough with rad in nosecone. The bottom hose is the type with T juntion  feed from heater return.
John

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/5749d4c7-de1f-4381-8642-5208456cfab5n%40googlegroups.com.

list...@liberator-systems.co.uk

Jul 30, 2023, 4:53:48 PM7/30/23
to Quantum Owners Group
I will probably switch to silicone hoses throughout when engine is changed.
For now I am looking for rubber hoses as backups.
Th old hoses look like OEM but the markings are too faded to read so trying to find out what vehicle they are for.
John

Darren Siepka

Jul 30, 2023, 7:21:02 PM7/30/23
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
When I relocated my rad to the nosecone I simply extended the original hoses with some suitably sized pipe and jubilee clips!
With the new engine install I have been using universal silicone sections and stainless pipe between. Not the cheapest option ( so probably best to wait for your new engine as well)but should last for a long time.

Darren

list...@liberator-systems.co.uk

Jul 31, 2023, 9:42:06 AM7/31/23
to Quantum Owners Group
I did use the extension method in one config - I used standard XR2 hoses together with inline temp sensor adapters in top & bottom hoses.
I think the original rubber hoses that were fitted (which need no extensions) may be from an Escort/Orion.
John