Seats - Saloon, 2+2..

list...@liberator-systems.co.uk

Sep 24, 2021, 5:31:45 PM9/24/21
to Quantum Owners Group
Currently my saloon has XR2 front seats. These are just about OK for road use but lack decent support for track days. Looking for suggestions on easy swap reasonable cost alternatives.  Escort RS Recaros are apparently  a straight swap but they go for silly money!

John

calma...@hotmail.co.uk

Sep 25, 2021, 5:32:35 PM9/25/21
to Quantum Owners Group
I have mk 1 Mazda MX5 seats in mine, not to bad to adapt runners with a bit of boxed steel; IMG_0489.JPG

list...@liberator-systems.co.uk

Sep 26, 2021, 11:59:49 AM9/26/21
to Quantum Owners Group
@calma
Thanks I had been looking at MX5 seats as they seem to be a popular choice for kit/older cars. Did you specifically choose MK1 seats? - I have been trying to find difference between the various MX5 MKs. One  issue I have seen comments about with MX5 seat swaps is that they make the drivers seating position high(er) - is that something you found?

MGF/TF seats appear to be another popular swap on other cars - anyone tried that?

Ideally I want seats with tilt, good support, not leather.

rob hancock

Sep 26, 2021, 12:23:49 PM9/26/21
to 'Martin Hodnett' via Quantum Owners Group
Hi
Mazda RX8 seats also fit and have a simple electric motor to wire up (purple and grey I think) also ford ka and bmw e46 coupe also fit
Regards Rob

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/4c1e08cd-ef48-4198-8e52-02101b6ab4f4n%40googlegroups.com.

Darren Siepka

Sep 28, 2021, 5:17:06 PM9/28/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
I have Corsa seats in both saloon and 2+2.
The earlier ones had simpler to modify rears with only a simple wire frame support on the base squab. The later ones have a big pressed steel plate.
With a little heat and trimming you can also use the rear quarter panel cards in a saloon too in a saloon.
The sporty model seats can be firm but are very comfortable and supportive.
Mine were from an sxi( Corsa c year) and Sri (Corsa D year) models, all 3 door versions .
Note the Corsa D may have side air bags but these are easy to decommission for safety.
Some models have bucket looking seats with harness slots!

Darren

Jim Hearne

Sep 29, 2021, 5:15:41 AM9/29/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
The Tigra is based on a Corsa and they have some nice leather seats, though i think they all have side airbags.

Jim

Darren Siepka

Sep 29, 2021, 6:04:48 AM9/29/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
If you want harness holes look at the corsa vxr seats , they do a part leather variant in those too.