Rear Trailing Arms

Jamest142

Jul 7, 2021, 6:49:55 AM7/7/21
to Quantum Owners Group
Hi folks

I hope you are all keeping safe.

Q2-002 has failed her MOT on rear trailing arms, so needs the new ones to be fitted.  Can anyone advise how to get to the front mounting points please?  The only way I can think is through the speaker holes on the left / right of the rear seat, or is there an access panel under the carpet somewhere?

The car is at my mechanics at the moment.

Many thanks as always.

Best regards

James T
Q2-002
www.bostin.photography

Jim Hearne

Jul 7, 2021, 6:51:43 AM7/7/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,
Yes, it’s down through the speaker holes.
It’s tight down there, it’s right next to the chassis tube and it’s a nut and washer, don’t drop them !

It was a shame they couldn’t put a captive nut in there.

Jim

IMPORTANT NOTE: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither the Quantum Owners Club nor the individuals associated with the Quantum Owners Club or in the preparation of the above information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions contained within this or related message(s).
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quantum Owners Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/faee5847-6312-45ef-a0d3-5e05c512d424n%40googlegroups.com.

Jim Hearne

Jul 7, 2021, 6:55:05 AM7/7/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and tell your mechanic to be careful, there are a lot of sharp ends of fibreglass mating down there, or at least there were on mine.

Jim

Jamest142

Jul 7, 2021, 7:15:51 AM7/7/21
to Quantum Owners Group
Hi Jim

Many thanks for the swift reply.  I can hear my mechanics swearing from here - 3 miles away...

Hope you are keeping well.

Best regards

James T
Q2-002
www.bostin.photography

Jamest142

Jul 7, 2021, 7:16:11 AM7/7/21
to Quantum Owners Group
Thanks, I've just sent a message to warn him of that.

Every year we joke he is going to block my phone number :)

Jamest142

Jul 7, 2021, 7:16:26 AM7/7/21
to Quantum Owners Group
Thanks Jim :)

Darren Siepka

Jul 7, 2021, 8:11:24 AM7/7/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Depending on what size speakers you have fitted may mean you won't get your arm in as is....
On my wife's 2+2 the speakers were very small, the only way to get in is to remove the metal plates that hold the speakers, this will reveal a much larger opening in the actual GRP itself.

Darren

Jamest142

Jul 7, 2021, 8:58:54 AM7/7/21
to Quantum Owners Group
Thanks Darren :)

Jim Hearne

Jul 7, 2021, 9:11:24 AM7/7/21
to quantu...@googlegroups.com
Good point.
Mine is like this, i hope i never have to take my plates off as they are bonded in.
Mind you, i’m pretty sure i made the nut in the sill captive on mine.

Jim
Sent: Wednesday, July 7, 2021 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners] Rear Trailing Arms
P0000672.JPG