Message queue pattern

Nico Munoz

Aug 4, 2021, 8:30:10 AM8/4/21
to PyWeb-IL
Hi all,

I'm trying to understand the best approach on implementing a "state machine scheduler"
This will use a table to store all the jobs that need to be schedule and a queue that will contain the jobs to be done ( workers will get the messages and do the logic )

This module must be generic and handle all the background process that we want to do.

We thought of implementing  instead of using existing modules but I'm have a bit of trouble with all the workers logic and thread management,

I would like if you can recommend some of the modules ( maybe i missed some )
and which is the best way to manage the workers/threads that will listen all the time to the queue.

Thanks in advance

Nico Munoz

Aug 4, 2021, 9:14:37 AM8/4/21
to PyWeb-IL
Some more info,

The  "state machine scheduler"  is a message queue implementation. ( Something like the Command pattern that uses a queue )

I already made small research on celery and it had some missing features that i want to have in the future.
Not only that, it needs a deep understanding to work with it and time is crucial right now.
Also I thought to handle all the scheduling by myself and use celery to handle all the messages and workers.

Tal Einat

Aug 9, 2021, 9:14:38 AM8/9/21
to pywe...@googlegroups.com
I'm also interested to hear experiences from some folks here!