UFE Notifications and Callbacks

Phil S

Oct 13, 2023, 1:05:15 AM10/13/23
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Im having some difficulty understanding how one is supposed to register a UFE callback. Conceptually I understand the subject/observer pattern, but in practice I dont see how to register a python callable to a particular notification.

Im trying to find a way to run a callback as USD layers are created in a maya session.

Appreciate any help!

Phil

Phil S

Oct 16, 2023, 6:47:43 PM10/16/23
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
For anyone else who comes this way, I did not use UFE notifications in the end. Instead used a combination of UsdNotice and SdfNotice's from the USD api to facilitate the automation I needed.