control for colorpicker: color ring or spectrum

Michał Frątczak

Feb 19, 2018, 11:58:08 AM2/19/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi!
Does maya provide any controls for a nice color picker, like build-in Ring or Spectrum ?
I'd like to call a callback with each click in palette...
I only found palettePort command, not really super handy.

thanks !
-michal

AK Eric

Feb 19, 2018, 10:31:50 PM2/19/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Have you tried the colorEditor command?  The results of the selection can be easily queried in rgb(+a) and hsv.

Michał Frątczak

Feb 20, 2018, 4:41:10 AM2/20/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi Eric !
No I didn't know of that command, thanks !
It has one drawback for my particular usecase. It needs to be closed to querry the color and I will have many loops like :select object>select color
so I'd like to minimize clicking around. I'll search some more, eventually end up with palettePort
Maybe Qt has something to offfer ?

Justin Israel

Feb 20, 2018, 5:35:53 AM2/20/18
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 10:41 PM Michał Frątczak <f.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Eric !
No I didn't know of that command, thanks !
It has one drawback for my particular usecase. It needs to be closed to querry the color and I will have many loops like :select object>select color
so I'd like to minimize clicking around. I'll search some more, eventually end up with palettePort
Maybe Qt has something to offfer ?

Qt has a QColorDialog:

It can signal when the current color in the open dialog has changed.