[Pyside2] Transparent Widget

Rémi Deletrain

Apr 16, 2018, 6:53:23 AM4/16/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi everyone,

When I worked on Maya2014 I had PySide tool with window attribte "WA_TranslucentBackground". With this flag my window was transparent.
On Maya2018 this flags doens't works. My background is black. I searched on google but don't found any solution...

if anyone have a solution... :)

Rémi Deletrain

Apr 17, 2018, 8:02:54 AM4/17/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
I found solution.

With PySide QWidget transparancy have bug with QGraphicWidget. If QGraphicWidget have parent widget with transparent background mouseClickEvent doens't work.
With PySide2 this bug is fixed.

For fix this problem with Pyside I use steelSheet and set background rgba to 1.0 and I hide background.
But with PySide2 transparency option is different and show background. But this trick is not util now.

fruit...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2018, 5:18:53 PM4/17/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
I haven't face this issue yet, but it'll come, for sure ! Thanks for the answer =]