Re: [Maya-Python] Digest for python_inside_maya@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics

Srinivasan Samuel

Feb 14, 2018, 9:52:14 PM2/14/18
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Stefan,

I read the Senior Maya tool & Pipeline scripter Job ad.
I am curious how much would be the salary for these kind of jobs?
I think it would be highly of educational how much the jobs like this are paid by you guys.
Thanks,
Samuel.

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 12:46 AM, <python_in...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Stefan Andersson <sand...@gmail.com>: Feb 14 06:21AM -0800

Hello!
Long time lurker and python addict. I hope it's ok to post a job ad.

We are looking for a *Senior Maya tool & Pipeline scripter.* It's a
full-time position here in Stockholm Sweden.

*Who are we*
Swiss International VFX is a post-production house which has been around
for 15 years. Most of our work is around commercials but we also do some
long-format productions. A few items of our work can be seen
here: http://swiss.se/works

Our toolset is mainly Maya/Nuke, we also have a few Houdini seats which
seems to be growing for each month. Un-necessary information is that we
also have a grading suite and a Flame suite which is rarely used these
days. Out pipeline is based around Shotgun and our own pipeline tools.

*Job description*

- Develop tools that makes everyday life easier for artists
- Develop new ideas for how we transfer assets through our production
- Maintain and improve current tools
- Work with vfx supervisor to work out goals.

*Requirments*

- Fantastic Python skills
- Clear vision and understanding of publish concepts.
- Excellent Maya / Python skills ( OpenMaya and PyMel )
- fairly good Houdini knowledge
- familiar with Shotgun API
- bonus: C++ development, shaders/procedurals

Any questions you might have you can send to me and I will try and answer
them and you can also send your applications to me: ste...@swiss.se

best regards
stefan
AK Eric <war...@sbcglobal.net>: Feb 13 08:56PM -0800

Right on, credit :)

FYI, I figured out you can use cpickle.dumps to embed arbitrary python data
straight into the value of fileInfo, allowing you to query it outside of
Maya, powerful.

However, on large files (200+megs) it can still take a good 20 seconds to
parse. I may end up just storing all this data to a folder on a server for
easy/fast lookup, but it was still a fun exercise. Thanks for the help
everyone.