cmdx vs. omx - Comparison of Maya Python API 2.0 wrappers

Marcus Ottosson

Jan 2, 2024, 2:26:51 PMJan 2
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

There was a recent project by Animal Logic which was akin to one I had done myself, I've taken some time over the holiday (Happy New Year!) to compare the two and ended up essentially documenting parts of the Maya API in the process. :D

It turned out quite well, so I figured I'd share it here, both as a Maya programming tutorial and also as comparison and tutorial of the two projects that both attempt to wrestle the Maya API in favour of scripting artists out there.

Hope you enjoy, and let me know if you have any thoughts!

Nicolas Combecave

Feb 27, 2024, 3:47:59 AMFeb 27
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcus,
I had read this in depth comparison, and I found it quite interesting.
I wanted to share it with a coworker yesterday, but the page on your blog does not exist anymore.
Is it a technical problem or did you remove it on purpose?

Best regards.

Nicolas

Marcus Ottosson

Feb 27, 2024, 4:26:11 AMFeb 27
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Eek, sorry about that. In the process of updating the website and this got lost amongst branches. It's up now, thanks for letting me know.

Nicolas Combecave

Feb 27, 2024, 10:10:35 AMFeb 27
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm it is back!