C++ Maya Plugin Environment Mac

Soham Parmar

Oct 24, 2020, 8:48:53 AM10/24/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi,
I am trying to create node with cpp, I have never tried this before.
I am getting error while compiling I don't know what mistake I am doing, I think I am getting linker error.

below is the drive link for my folders and cmakeFiles. (I have reduced folder structure. and I am using cmake file which chad has provided on git.)

I am attaching my build log file to understand the error I am getting.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

c++PluginCompileLOG.txt

Justin Israel

Oct 24, 2020, 6:22:10 PM10/24/20
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Is that your complete CmakeLists.txt file? Have you tried using MAYA_LIBRARIES instead of MAYA_LIBRARY as the linker library variable?
Have you tried using this as a more complete reference?

Justin

Marcus Ottosson

Oct 25, 2020, 3:30:07 AM10/25/20
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Since Maya 2018 or so, each devkit example ships with a CMakeLists.txt file which takes much of the hassle out of the way.

Here's the gist of it.

```bash
cd /path/to/mayadevkit
export DEVKIT_LOCATION=$(pwd)
cd devkit/plug-ins/footPrintNode
mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -GNinja
cmake --build .
```

And presto, about 2 seconds later you've got a Maya plug-in built. From there, you could search for `DEVKIT_LOCATION

Marcus Ottosson

Oct 25, 2020, 3:32:36 AM10/25/20
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

(Accidentally posted too soon)

..from there, you could search for DEVKIT_LOCATION in the devkit folder to find out how Maya supplies some helper files you can either build upon or copy/paste to customise for your own custom builds. They’ll tell you about some of the variables relevant to various platforms and what suffixes they use for the built plug-in etc.

With that, I haven’t needed to search online for tutorials on how to build anymore, so I would wipe what you know from pre-2018 and start from there. :)

Hope it helps!

Soham Parmar

Oct 29, 2020, 2:51:12 PM10/29/20
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much your help guys.

I have managed to build plugin I changed link_directories to link_libraries and it worked.

Now I opened Plugin-in Manager in Maya.
I simply browse to that path and loaded it. But I got this error in Maya.

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2018/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 909: Unable to dynamically load : /Users/soham/Downloads/mayaplugin/build/src/sampleplugin.bundle
dlopen(/Users/soham/Downloads/mayaplugin/build/src/sampleplugin.bundle, 1): Symbol not found: __ZN10MPxCommand6redoItEv
  Referenced from: /Users/soham/Downloads/mayaplugin/build/src/sampleplugin.bundle
  Expected in: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2018/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libOpenMaya.dylib
 in /Users/soham/Downloads/mayaplugin/build/src/sampleplugin.bundle //
// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2018/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 909: dlopen(/Users/soham/Downloads/mayaplugin/build/src/sampleplugin.bundle, 1): Symbol not found: __ZN10MPxCommand6redoItEv
  Referenced from: /Users/soham/Downloads/mayaplugin/build/src/sampleplugin.bundle
  Expected in: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2018/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/libOpenMaya.dylib
 in /Users/soham/Downloads/mayaplugin/build/src/sampleplugin.bundle (sampleplugin) //

I am trying to build same sampleplugin that is provided by chad on cgcircuit.

Hey Marcus,

I tried your way too. But got one question if you can help.
I created new build directory named and “build” I cd into that directory then I am running this command :-
cmake .. -GNinja
But this is giving error saying CMakeLists.txt does not exists.
So I am confused what should I write in that CmakeLists file.

Thanks & Regards,
Soham Parmar.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.