Atom's (Text Editor) to maya package is failed to install

MichaelEden

Dec 28, 2019, 11:56:06 PM12/28/19
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi guys, i'm a beginner in programming and i usually develop my program using Atom text editor, and i really like Atom so far.

recently i use another PC, and set up again the connection between maya and atom. but i kinda surprise because i got error massage for installing the atom-maya's connection package.

i try to search why it happen, but as far as i know, it's most likely because the user that publish this package already delete his user...
i still be able to find the repo in github, but i don't know what should i do.

so, is there anyone can help me about this? or should i change into another text editor instead? thank you in advance
Capture.PNG

Justin Israel

Dec 29, 2019, 12:28:03 AM12/29/19
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
I don't use Atom editor, but a quick Google search suggests that you would:

1. Clone the project from github into a directory under your .atom/packages location
2. Change into that location and "apm install"

I've also seen it say that you can clone it elsewhere and do "apm install" and then "apm link" to have atom link it into your packages location.

Michael Eden

Dec 29, 2019, 6:29:32 AM12/29/19
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Justin,

I've tried and still failed. furthermore, i realized that that repo is also outdated. :'(
maybe i'll try to copy the latest repo from my PC in my office after holiday, and try to install using "apm install" as your suggestion.

in the meantime, i'll try to learn pycharm or maybe sublime. (i've tried vscode, and i personally not really like it). thank you. cheers

vince touache

Dec 29, 2019, 10:41:16 AM12/29/19
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
sublime is very similar to atom, although not free for commercial use

MichaelEden

Dec 30, 2019, 9:00:37 AM12/30/19
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
i already copy the maya package from my previous computer to .atom/packages and it works well!
thank you very much for the help!

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019, 5:56 PM MichaelEden <micha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys, i'm a beginner in programming and i usually develop my program using Atom text editor, and i really like Atom so far.

recently i use another PC, and set up again the connection between maya and atom. but i kinda surprise because i got error massage for installing the atom-maya's connection package.

i try to search why it happen, but as far as i know, it's most likely because the user that publish this package already delete his user...
i still be able to find the repo in github, but i don't know what should i do.

so, is there anyone can help me about this? or should i change into another text editor instead? thank you in advance

Chun Yen Lee

Oct 12, 2020, 6:00:20 AM10/12/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi, anyone have the atom-maya 0.18.0 files? I can't download from GitHub anymore because the user already deactivate his account.
Thank you

Chun Yen Lee

Oct 12, 2020, 10:30:50 PM10/12/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi, somebody already gave me the maya-package, thank you  :)

Rafał Schubert

Nov 2, 2020, 4:21:07 AM11/2/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hey man,
would you mind sharing 0.18.0 package?
Can't find working link anywhere :/

Rafał Schubert

Nov 8, 2020, 3:42:40 PM11/8/20
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Update: somebody already gave me the maya-package, thank you!