Memory leak in Maya Python API 1.0

Pontsho Maseko

Feb 16, 2018, 8:18:14 AM2/16/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Does anybody here knows, a way to find animated plugs with the the python API. The python API 1.0's MAnimUtil gives me a memory leak report "swig/python detected a memory leak of type 'MAnimUtil *', no destructor found." then crushes maya.

Marcus Ottosson

Feb 16, 2018, 8:44:58 AM2/16/18
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
Could you post an example of what you are currently trying?

On 16 February 2018 at 13:18, Pontsho Maseko <maseko...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anybody here knows, a way to find animated plugs with the the python API. The python API 1.0's MAnimUtil gives me a memory leak report "swig/python detected a memory leak of type 'MAnimUtil *', no destructor found." then crushes maya.

Pontsho Maseko

Feb 16, 2018, 9:24:59 AM2/16/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Plugs = om.MPlugArray()
path = om.MDagPath() # The path to the node working with

om.MAnimUtil.finAnimatedPlugs(path, plugs) # This by definition should return keyed attributes a MPlugs

I am trying to get attributes that are keyed.

justin hidair

Feb 16, 2018, 9:44:05 AM2/16/18
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

* fin(d)AnimatedPlugs(path, plugs)

Also I’d suggest to use python API 2.0, but I didn’t find an equivalent to findAnimatedPlugs() after a quick lookup

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Pontsho Maseko

Feb 16, 2018, 9:59:27 AM2/16/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Is there as safe way to query keyed attributes, doesnt have to be with the MAnimUtil in maya api 2.0?

On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 4:44:05 PM UTC+2, justin hidair wrote:

* fin(d)AnimatedPlugs(path, plugs)

Also I’d suggest to use python API 2.0, but I didn’t find an equivalent to findAnimatedPlugs() after a quick lookup

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

justin hidair

Feb 16, 2018, 10:26:57 AM2/16/18
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

That’s what I don’t know but I don’t have the time to look into it right now , maybe someone knows here ?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

path = om.MDagPath() # The path to the node working with

om.MAnimUtil.finAnimatedPlugs(path, plugs) # This by definition should return keyed attributes a MPlugs

I am trying to get attributes that are keyed.

On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 3:44:58 PM UTC+2, Marcus Ottosson wrote:

Could you post an example of what you are currently trying?

On 16 February 2018 at 13:18, Pontsho Maseko <maseko...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does anybody here knows, a way to find animated plugs with the the python API. The python API 1.0's MAnimUtil gives me a memory leak report "swig/python detected a memory leak of type 'MAnimUtil *', no destructor found." then crushes maya.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/JjzEPM_1UQiAcgcIii9zH3waHJfrDmD6mwOpzjvKSWAzeFyvEmJKxjsfyB4-JKbN4o_rmMG0O6UuV95TfuAG3NaBCtKzucfHCUODobStNrGqQJzTwuEOKfxUSFySxNn_igewCYnfXbgJP-gAq2cupOvC=w5000-h5000

Marcus Ottosson

Feb 16, 2018, 10:44:44 AM2/16/18
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
A plug connected to an animCurve* node could be considered "keyed". So what you could do is look for whether something is connected to the plug, and whether the connected node is an animation curve.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/JjzEPM_1UQiAcgcIii9zH3waHJfrDmD6mwOpzjvKSWAzeFyvEmJKxjsfyB4-JKbN4o_rmMG0O6UuV95TfuAG3NaBCtKzucfHCUODobStNrGqQJzTwuEOKfxUSFySxNn_igewCYnfXbgJP-gAq2cupOvC=w5000-h5000

Pontsho Maseko

Feb 19, 2018, 5:38:52 AM2/19/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
I was trying to avoid doing that. When I query the plugs manually, the whole code structure fall apart. It doesnt spit out any errors and it runs smoothly but it does do the absolute job, it works here and there.

Pontsho Maseko

Feb 19, 2018, 5:43:13 AM2/19/18
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
The tool sets transforms then creates the animation curves to connect to the other identical control. But if i use the quering of plugs over iteration or just one on one animation transfer it avoids the setting of transforms, sometimes other information from the old animation curve. When I was using the AnimUtil it run fine but when it came to complex rigs it crushes maya due to the memory leak.