FreezeTransformations() & DeleteHistory()

Gray Marshall

Jan 13, 2021, 12:16:17 PM1/13/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi all,

I've been directed to these functions (FreezeTransformations() & DeleteHistory()), but I can't find any documentation on them, what various options might be, etc.  They seem to work correctly, and are even properly recognized in the Maya Script Editor as proper calls, but trying "Quick Help" & "Command Documentation" in the Marker Menu doesn't reveal anything.

Since they don't fit the "normal" convention of naming (lowercase first word), I'm wondering if there are more functions in this style I should be exploring, but can't currently find.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carlos Rico Adega

Jan 13, 2021, 12:25:49 PM1/13/21
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

whatIs command is your friend:

whatIs FreezeTransformations;
// Result: Run Time Command

Those commands are Run Time Commands. If you go to the Hotkey Editor and search by Runtime Command you can look them up and see what code is actually running when invoking those commands.

Create a runtime command

Hope this helps.

Carlos Rico Adega
-------------------------------------
LinkedIn
carlos....@gmail.com

bobrobertuma

Jan 13, 2021, 1:22:18 PM1/13/21
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

Mel script

//help [command];

help FreezeTransformations;

//If you want to see the Maya docs on that command

help –doc [command];

help –doc FreezeTransformations;

help help;

help –doc help;