Call back when playback gets to the end of the timeline

Andres Felipe

Jun 29, 2021, 2:42:24 AM6/29/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Scenario:
Building a custom Sequencer in Maya. I need to get a callback when maya plays the last frame of the timeline in order to set the timeline with other range.

Problem
Checking if [Current Frame == Last timeline frame] does not work because when you play at certain fps, Maya sometimes jumps some frames. so sometimes I dont get True with [Current Frame == Last timeline].

What I've tried
- Setting playback looping options to "Once" everytime user click on Play, so it always plays the last frame. Problem: sometimes the last frames appears to be stuck for some milliseconds. Its not a continuous Sequence.

- Extend timeline for 30 Extra frames so I have to check if [Current Frame >= Last shot frame]. It plays very contnuous without any stucking frame but, Problem: sometimes plays a "fake" frame that is not part of the current Shot.

I think I need to know if there is a script job or an Open Maya callback that is triggered everytime Maya achieves the last frame in order to execute their looping playback options.

Thanks a lot for your helping.

Cheers,

Andrés

Marcus Ottosson

Jun 29, 2021, 4:00:37 AM6/29/21
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

Try replacing if [Current Frame == Last timeline frame] with if [Current Frame < Last Frame].

That way, whenever it rewinds, regardless of the last frame, you’ll know.

Andres Felipe

Jun 30, 2021, 2:57:55 AM6/30/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi Marcus,

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I will try that way but I think that when it rewinds It will show the first frame.