Creating .bat file (launcher) for maya

Vlad Afanasjev

May 7, 2021, 10:44:12 AM5/7/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hey, guys.
I need to learn how to create .bat for Maya, anybody knows good tutorial ?

Marcus Ottosson

May 7, 2021, 10:54:01 AM5/7/21
to python_in...@googlegroups.com

I doubt you’d need a tutorial, what are you looking for the bat to do?

Here’s an example, along with a few environment variables.

maya2020.bat

@echo off

set MAYA_DISABLE_CIP=1
set MAYA_DISABLE_CER=1
set MAYA_DISABLE_CLIC_IPM=1

:: Disable analytics
set MAYA_DISABLE_ADP=1

set MAYA_ENABLE_LEGACY_VIEWPORT=1
set MAYA_NO_WARNING_FOR_MISSING_DEFAULT_RENDERER=1

start "" "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2020\bin\maya.exe" %*

On Fri, 7 May 2021 at 15:44, Vlad Afanasjev <tokyof...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, guys.
I need to learn how to create .bat for Maya, anybody knows good tutorial ?

Vlad Afanasjev

May 7, 2021, 11:22:45 AM5/7/21
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hmmm... I was looking into some generic tutorials.
Like how to set variables, set path, make conditions ('if', 'else'), how to run side scripts like python.
Because right now I am trying to google staff and look into some examples of .bat, but it looks like a puzzle I have to solve piece by piece, which is also an option, but why do so if somebody made a tutorial :)
Thanks for example and some Maya environment variables, that's very useful.

Alok Gandhi

May 7, 2021, 12:05:31 PM5/7/21
to python_in...@googlegroups.com