Maya shelf - Icon tool tips

kiteh

Sep 11, 2019, 1:50:29 PM9/11/19
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi everyone,

I chanced across animBot, a maya plugin/ tooling where it contains several nice features for animation related workflows.
Not here to promote the tool but there is a feature that I am interested but could not find much information. Hoping someone here could shed some light.

In this link, all these 'images' as you see in the link appears as tooltip whenever the mouse cursor is hover over a button.
My question here is how do I implement it?

So far, my only experience with the use of tooltips is through the use of text, eg.
self.my_button("this is my button tooltip")

If I were to try and implement something similar as above, do I need to create a template or something, and insert that as a tooltip?
Additionally, is it possible to put this into/ as part of the annotation for the tool icons in maya shelves?

Justin Israel

Sep 11, 2019, 9:33:39 PM9/11/19
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 5:50 AM kiteh <kiteh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I chanced across animBot, a maya plugin/ tooling where it contains several nice features for animation related workflows.
Not here to promote the tool but there is a feature that I am interested but could not find much information. Hoping someone here could shed some light.

In this link, all these 'images' as you see in the link appears as tooltip whenever the mouse cursor is hover over a button.
My question here is how do I implement it?

So far, my only experience with the use of tooltips is through the use of text, eg.
self.my_button("this is my button tooltip")

If I were to try and implement something similar as above, do I need to create a template or something, and insert that as a tooltip?

Tooltips (in Qt) can be rich text. So that means you can design your tooltip as a snippet of html .
If you want to access resource from your qrc, like icons, you can use notation like ":/myimage.png"

Additionally, is it possible to put this into/ as part of the annotation for the tool icons in maya shelves?