_UNKNOWN_REFERENCE_NODE_

Daniel

Oct 17, 2016, 8:17:27 PM10/17/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi,

I was wondering the _UNKNOWN_REFERENCE_NODE_ gets created. The node is usually attached to other reference nodes and I could delete it or filter it by using maya.cmds.ls(references=True) but I cannot reconstruct how the node gets created. Same goes for the sharedReferenceNode.

Any input on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

likage

Oct 17, 2016, 8:38:45 PM10/17/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
It is possible that your scene is using broken reference, references that have been deleted/renamed etc...

Daniel

Oct 17, 2016, 8:55:59 PM10/17/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
All references are working fine. Theres no errors in the scene yet I do have the 'special' reference nodes. As I said: I can work around the nodes but I am curious about how they get created.

From the maya cmds ls docs:

references(rf)

boolean create

List references associated with files. Excludes special reference nodes such as the sharedReferenceNode and unknown reference nodes.

Daniel

Oct 17, 2016, 8:58:22 PM10/17/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-A517002F-9B10-4AD2-8848-AB233E2B559F

thats all I can find but I definitely don`t have any references from Maya 6.5 or prior in the scene.

Neil Roche

Oct 19, 2016, 7:43:29 AM10/19/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
It might be where a reference file has a node from a plug-in which the file that contains the reference doesn't have.  The file still has to create a node but as it doesn't have access to the plug-in it creates this UNKNOWN_REFERENCE_NODE instead.

Daniel

Oct 19, 2016, 3:24:26 PM10/19/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hi Neil,

thats exactly it and it lets me recreate the issue. Thanks. Do you know on how to create sharedReference node aswell?

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel

Oct 19, 2016, 7:26:04 PM10/19/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
If anyone is interested: sharedReference nodes only get created when the flag "sharedNodes" (with 'displayLayers', 'shadingNetworks', 'renderLayersByName', or 'renderLayersById') and the references use the same data.