Restarting Script Message ?

Christopher.

Feb 26, 2016, 11:32:39 AM2/26/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Any idea as to why I can execute a script once when Maya restarts; although when closing the script and trying to execute the script again, I get the following, message ?

// Result: scriptEditorPanel1Window|TearOffPane|scriptEditorPanel1|formLayout134|formLayout136|paneLayout5|formLayout137|tabLayout7|formLayout139|cmdScrollFieldExecuter4 //

Justin Israel

Feb 26, 2016, 1:43:40 PM2/26/16

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 5:32 AM Christopher. <crestchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any idea as to why I can execute a script once when Maya restarts; although when closing the script and trying to execute the script again, I get the following, message ?

// Result: scriptEditorPanel1Window|TearOffPane|scriptEditorPanel1|formLayout134|formLayout136|paneLayout5|formLayout137|tabLayout7|formLayout139|cmdScrollFieldExecuter4 //

Not really, because none of us have any idea what your script does, or what the context of that output means.
There isn't enough info here.

Christopher.

Feb 26, 2016, 2:08:52 PM2/26/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
First, I was having a somewhat little problem with my paths; I have sorted that though that problem and many other problems.

I understand there is not enough information; but that is all the information I'm given in the script editor, it's not an error.  As I said, when I restart Maya, I can run the script just fine, when I close the script and try to run it again; this is what the script editor spits out ?

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 1:43:40 PM UTC-5, Justin Israel wrote:

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 5:32 AM Christopher. <crestchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any idea as to why I can execute a script once when Maya restarts; although when closing the script and trying to execute the script again, I get the following, message ?

// Result: scriptEditorPanel1Window|TearOffPane|scriptEditorPanel1|formLayout134|formLayout136|paneLayout5|formLayout137|tabLayout7|formLayout139|cmdScrollFieldExecuter4 //

Not really, because none of us have any idea what your script does, or what the context of that output means.
There isn't enough info here.

Justin Israel

Feb 26, 2016, 2:56:29 PM2/26/16
to python_in...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 8:08 AM Christopher. <crestchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I understand there is not enough information; but that is all the information I'm given in the script editor, it's not an error.  As I said, when I restart Maya, I can run the script just fine, when I close the script and try to run it again; this is what the script editor spits out ?

Yes, but we still don't know what your script does. We don't know what could be causing it. I'm just assuming it does something that changes state the first time, and subsequent times it isn't valid. Can you provide a small reproduction that we can run, to show the error?

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 1:43:40 PM UTC-5, Justin Israel wrote:

On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 5:32 AM Christopher. <crestchr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any idea as to why I can execute a script once when Maya restarts; although when closing the script and trying to execute the script again, I get the following, message ?

// Result: scriptEditorPanel1Window|TearOffPane|scriptEditorPanel1|formLayout134|formLayout136|paneLayout5|formLayout137|tabLayout7|formLayout139|cmdScrollFieldExecuter4 //

Not really, because none of us have any idea what your script does, or what the context of that output means.
There isn't enough info here.

Christopher.

Feb 26, 2016, 3:22:42 PM2/26/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
It's not my script, although you may be on to something with what you said.  The script is called NSUV you probably heard about it.

1. Run Script Editor > command > 'import NSUV'
2. Script runs after Maya is restarted
3. Close NSUV window, run the same command once again as in step 1, I get this message;

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 2:56:29 PM UTC-5, Justin Israel wrote:
[...]

Justin Israel

Feb 27, 2016, 2:54:43 AM2/27/16
to Python Programming for Autodesk Maya
Hey,

I remember this NSUV script from a previous email thread from you. I don't remember the details of that previous thread, other than we were trying to help you get it all installed and running. I took a quick look at this tool to refresh my brain, and its not designed well. It executes a lot of code purely when you import it, in the global space, which is bad bad bad. So I am not surprised you are seeing random behavior when you import it more than once. Personally, I saw different problems when I imported it more than once. It did actually launch each time, but it also crashed with bad variable references. Basically, its written poorly.

That being said, I don't think its worth trying to get anyone to put in time to diagnose this tool that someone else wrote. You should just try and contact the author of the tool.

Justin