Passing all arguments to task

Stephen Carboni

Jul 18, 2022, 10:37:59 AM7/18/22
to python-doit
Hello!

I found pydoit while looking for a tool that would be better suited than gnu make for documenting and sharing useful commands with developers (but still having nice things like task dependency).

For example:

def task_pytest():
    """Run pytest through docker"""
    return {
        "actions": ["docker-compose run --rm dev python -m pytest"],
        "verbosity": 2,
    }

The only thing that seems to be an issue is that there's no way to pass all arguments when calling the task. You have to state each and every one. I don't want to have to recreate all of pytest's CLI options. Is there a way around this?

Eduardo Schettino

Jul 18, 2022, 10:49:13 AM7/18/22
to python-doit
Hi,

Do you mean want to call it like:

```
doit pytest --pdb
```

Currently this is not possible. But it would be a nice addition.
Best to create an issue on github to discuss how this would be implemented...

Regards