Solver instalation problems

Filipe Pereira

Jul 25, 2017, 10:29:49 AM7/25/17
to pySMT
Good afternoon,
I'm curious in working with the PySMT library and I have found some problems regarding installing a solver.

I installed the PySMT library through the pip install.
I was following the github page and trying to do the first example (Usage example).
As soon as I reached the line is_sat(f), I understood that I forgot to install a solver.

So I followed the instructions but as soon I ran the command: pysmt-install --msat an error ocurred (visible in the attachments - cmdError.png).
I tried to put the zip file there manually (the most recent version and the 5.3.13) and didn't have much sucess.

I am running windows 10, 64 bit version.
I also updated the PYTHONPATH with the path returned from pysmt-install --env.

I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks for the time and attention.
needsSolver.png
cmdError.png

Andrea Micheli

Jul 25, 2017, 10:56:28 AM7/25/17
to Filipe Pereira, pySMT
Dear Felipe,

first of all thanks for using pysmt!

Right now, the pysmt-install tool has very limited support and testing under windows: only the Z3 SMT solver is known to work (you can install it with pysmt-install --z3).

If you want to use mathsat or other solvers, you should install them manually (i.e. you should arrive at a point in which python is able to import them: "python -m mathsat" should give no error). We quickly looked into mathsat under windows in the past, and installing it should be doable, the tricky part is to generate the SWIG python wrapper using msvc.

Let us know if you manage to install mathsat or if you have any issue with Z3.

Cheers,

Andrea

Filipe Pereira

Jul 25, 2017, 11:04:30 AM7/25/17
to pySMT
Decided to install the solver Z3. Immediatly worked.
Thank you so much for the quick response Andrea!

My best regards

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Filipe Pereira <filipe.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good afternoon,
I'm curious in working with the PySMT library and I have found some problems regarding installing a solver.

I installed the PySMT library through the pip install.
I was following the github page and trying to do the first example (Usage example).
As soon as I reached the line is_sat(f), I understood that I forgot to install a solver.

So I followed the instructions but as soon I ran the command: pysmt-install --msat an error ocurred (visible in the attachments - cmdError.png).
I tried to put the zip file there manually (the most recent version and the 5.3.13) and didn't have much sucess.

I am running windows 10, 64 bit version.
I also updated the PYTHONPATH with the path returned from pysmt-install --env.

I don't know how to proceed.

Thanks for the time and attention.

Andrea Micheli

Jul 25, 2017, 11:06:53 AM7/25/17