Feature preview: spell checking

PyScripter

Oct 26, 2022, 7:30:25 PM10/26/22
to PyScripter

BBands

Oct 27, 2022, 10:05:20 AM10/27/22
to PyScripter Group
Wow!  That will be super helpful and so much more than I hoped for! Thanks!

On a different note. I just refactored a long script, which resulted in many bugs to be cleared. On each error the focus shifts to the appropriate python module that raised the error. Is there a way to either keep the focus on the script or easily return to it? That would make the clean up process much faster.

My very best regards and thanks for a lovely IDE,

    John

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022, 4:30 PM PyScripter <pyscr...@gmail.com> wrote:
See blog post.

PyScripter

Oct 27, 2022, 10:12:07 PM10/27/22
to PyScripter
There is an IDE option that controls this behavior.  Tools, Options IDE Options, Python, "Jump to error on Exception".  You can uncheck it if you want.

With that option checked, there are a number of ways to go back to the original file, (the one you executed) if an error occurs.

1.  Using the traceback in the interpreter window.

When an error occurs during the execution of a script, a traceback is printed at the bottom.

Something like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Temp\Python\recursive_fibo.py", line 34, in <module>
  File "C:\Temp\Python\recursive_fibo.py", line 24, in main
ZeroDivisionError: division by zero

The lines starting with File can be clicked.  Double clicking on a such a line will take you to the corresponding position of that file.  Your original file will appear first.

2.  Using the Messages Window

This also displays the traceback and double clicking a line will take you to the corresponding position.  Double clicking on the first line will take you to the original file.

BBands

Oct 27, 2022, 10:54:51 PM10/27/22
to PyScripter Group
Things I didn't know about your fabulous IDE!

As always... Thanks.

     John