Error while closing IDE

Jadranko Belusic

Oct 18, 2021, 2:25:25 AM10/18/21
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
I just downloaded portable PyScripter-4.1.0-x86 version and it works ok but for now there is a error while closing the IDE with red x right corner. OS is Win10 64 bit.

I just unpacked folder and copy/paste content of the new PyScripter-4.1.0-x86 folder all but the PyScripter.ini, I have my own configured from last version. Is this problem?

close error.PNG

Jadranko Belušić
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jadranko-belu%C5%A1i%C4%87-818231176/

PyScripter

Oct 18, 2021, 4:22:41 AM10/18/21
to PyScripter
Thanks for reporting this.   In the above dialog could you please press the Send button.   This will email me the call stack at the time the error occurred.  I can then figure out what went wrong.

PyScripter

Oct 18, 2021, 4:27:06 AM10/18/21
to PyScripter
Which directory are you running PyScripter from?  Does the directory contain PyScripter.ini?

Jadranko Belusic

Oct 18, 2021, 11:58:38 AM10/18/21
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
My folder contains PyScripter.ini.

I try to click on send but this dialog just blink 4 times and it is not possible to click, I try it two times, maxbe you will receive message.

Jadranko Belušić
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jadranko-belu%C5%A1i%C4%87-818231176/

PyScripter

Oct 18, 2021, 12:05:33 PM10/18/21
to PyScripter
  • Do you have write access to the folder containing PyScripter?  (Is under C:\Program Files ?)
  • In the above dialog you can click Details copy and paste the content and manually email it.   Send would normally do that but maybe your email client is not setup correctly.
  • If you just extract the PyScripter zip installation files in a directory say under Downloads, and run PyScripter from there do you get the error?
  • If you then copy to that folder you PyScripter.ini files and run PyScripter again do you get the same error?

Jadranko Belusic

Oct 18, 2021, 1:53:52 PM10/18/21
to pyscr...@googlegroups.com
I have write access to the folder containing PyScripter, I'am an administrator, PyScripter is on D: disk
I cannot click Details, I cannot even click a buttons, Dialog blinks for 5 times and after this IDE closes.
If I just extract in same D:  and it works great.
If then put my PyScripter into, then crash...
PyScripter.ini is problem...

Jadranko Belušić
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jadranko-belu%C5%A1i%C4%87-818231176/

PyScripter

Oct 18, 2021, 1:57:14 PM10/18/21
to PyScripter
PyScripter.ini is problem...

Good to know but still worrying, since as users upgrade they may face problems.  Could you please email me your PyScripter.ini that causes problems?  (pyscripter at gmail)

Jadranko Belusic