How can I plotting in command-line mode (like ipython)

민성원

Aug 8, 2017, 11:07:07 AM8/8/17
to pyqtgraph
Dear everyone! please help me to solve my basic question!

 I want to 2D plotting in command-line mode (ipython). at the description, if I use pyqt, not pyside, I can use interactive mode to plotting.
but I can`t plotting in interactive mode, I must call QApplication.exec_() to make the windows appear.

my systems are
OS: macOS Sierra
Python: 3.5.3
pyqt: 5.6.0
pyqtgraph:0.10.0

I used qtconsole of anaconda navigator. my code are

import pyqtgraph as pg
pg.plot([1,2,3]) # windows are not appears
pg.QtGui.QApplication.exec_() #windows and plot are appears, but interactive console stop!

how can I do that?

Luke Campagnola

Aug 8, 2017, 11:52:22 AM8/8/17
to pyqt...@googlegroups.com
It works for me with pyqt 5.8.2. I seem to recall some earlier versions of PyQt5 lacked the input hook; perhaps you just need a more recent version?