Any way of importing modules without audio drop outs?

Alexandros Drymonitis

Sep 4, 2021, 1:57:21 AM9/4/21
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm doing live coding and I'd like to be able to load modules at any point in my set. I have written a script which imports pandas and sklearn and when I import that script the audio gets heavily distorted until those modules are imported.
I have tried to import them inside a function which is called inside a multiprocessing.Process, but that doesn't improve the situation at all. So, is there any way to import "heavy" modules during a set without causing dropouts.

Thanks

Darren Sholes

Sep 19, 2021, 7:52:40 PM9/19/21
to pyo-discuss
Any reason you can't import those modules before you start the pyo Server?

Alexandros Drymonitis

Sep 20, 2021, 1:33:17 AM9/20/21
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm using it inside pure data with the [pyo~] external, and the server is booted automatically.

Olivier Bélanger

Sep 20, 2021, 11:46:53 AM9/20/21
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
You still can load all you modules on loadbang, then turn on the dsp, any issue with that?

Olivier

Alexandros

Sep 20, 2021, 11:49:01 AM9/20/21
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com

I'm aware of that. I'm just implementing live coding with Pyo in Pd (through the [pyo~] external) and was wandering if I can import modules during performance in case of an improvised set.

Doing live coding in Pd with [pyo~] might sound a bit weird, but it's for a hardware modular synthesizer programmed in Pd. I'll post a video with a live coding set in a few days.