Live coding with Pyo on a modular synthesizer

Alexandros

Sep 29, 2021, 2:17:38 AM9/29/21
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com

I would like to share with you a video of a performance of live coding on a modular synthesizer. You can watch the video here https://vimeo.com/617287181

The modular synthesizer is a 3dPdModular (not yet in production) which is programmed in Pure Data, hence all my questions about the [pyo~] Pd external in this group. The Code module of this system allows for live coding in Python with Pyo and displays the code in an on-board display, along with a projection for the audience. Due to the small size of the display, I have created a number of alias classes with shorter names (e.g. FShift() for FreqShift(), Del() for Delay(), ect.), which you can see in the video.

This module and performance are part of my PhD research.

Hope you enjoy,
Alexandros

Olivier Bélanger

Sep 29, 2021, 7:02:47 PM9/29/21
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
Nice, sounds great! Good job Alexandros!

Olivier