Could not find a matching loader for the scheme "file+ini ", protocol "wsgi"?

Simon

Sep 9, 2021, 3:28:39 AM9/9/21
to pylons-discuss
Hi there,

I got an error about 'could not find a matching loader for the scheme' when I want to run my Pyramid web app in PyCharm based on Pyramid server. However, if I directly run pserve myapp.ini in terminal, it can launch my web app locally. I have edit the configuration in PyCharm: the config file is pointed to myapp.ini and the Python interpreter is pointed to python in the virtual environment.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/PyCharm.app/Contents/plugins/python/helpers/pycharm/pycharm_load_entry_point.py", line 12, in <module>
    sys.exit(f())
  File "/Users/simon/Documents/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyramid/scripts/pserve.py", line 34, in main
    return command.run()
  File "/Users/simon/Documents/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyramid/scripts/pserve.py", line 193, in run
    loader = self._get_config_loader(config_uri)
  File "/Users/simon/Documents/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyramid/scripts/common.py", line 23, in get_config_loader
    return plaster.get_loader(config_uri, protocols=['wsgi'])
  File "/Users/simon/Documents/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/plaster/loaders.py", line 109, in get_loader
    raise LoaderNotFound(requested_scheme, protocols=protocols)
plaster.exceptions.LoaderNotFound: Could not find a matching loader for the scheme "file+ini ", protocol "wsgi".

Process finished with exit code 1

Though I go to the official website about plaster and WSGI, I still cannot figure it out. \

Do anyone have any suggestion or have any similar problem when configuring Pyramid web app in PyCharm?

Thanks.

Steve Piercy

Sep 9, 2021, 3:37:28 AM9/9/21
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Please include a screenshot of your project's run configuration.

How did you create your Pyramid project?

PyCharm Professional supports creating a Pyramid project through its UI.

https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-pyramid-project.html

Otherwise we recommend using pyramid-cookiecutter-starter.

https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-starter

PyCharm Professional uses pyramid-cookiecutter-starter under the hood.

--steve

Michael Merickel

Sep 9, 2021, 9:16:19 AM9/9/21
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Do you have plaster_pastedeploy installed?

- Michael

Simon

Sep 10, 2021, 1:55:23 AM9/10/21
to pylons-discuss
After I launch my web app in terminal through pserve myapp.ini in terminal successfully, I open the source code in PyCharm (Professional version) and then edit configuration: first add new configuration which creates a Pyramid server and point the server's config file to be the myapp.ini (which I used in pserve myapp.ini) and also points to the Python interpreter to be the Python in the virtual environment which I use for successfully launching my web app through terminal.

I have checked the plaster and plaster-pastedeploy installed both in the pip and PyCharm installed packages. I have two guesses about this issue:

1. apart from providing the configuration file (that is myapp.ini) in the Run/Debug Configurations, do we have to provide it in some way when running the web app in PyCharm?

2. do we need to explicitly write something about the configuration file in pycharm_load_entry_point.py (the first call in the Traceback)?

Thank you for the help.

Simon

Sep 10, 2021, 1:59:08 AM9/10/21
to pylons-discuss
Yes, plaster and plaster_pastedeploy are installed in the virtual environment. I have checked it through pip list | grep plaster and the installed packaged in PyCharm: both of them show plaster and plaster_pastedeploy are installed.

Thanks.

Steve Piercy

Sep 10, 2021, 3:41:06 AM9/10/21
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com, Simon
What is the value for your Working Directory in the run configuration?

--steve

On 9/9/21 10:55 PM, Simon wrote:
> [...]
> >   File "/Users/simon/Documents/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyramid/scripts/pserve.py", line 193, in run
> >     loader = self._get_config_loader(config_uri)
> >   File "/Users/simon/Documents/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyramid/scripts/common.py", line 23, in get_config_loader
> >     return plaster.get_loader(config_uri, protocols=['wsgi'])
> >   File "/Users/simon/Documents/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/plaster/loaders.py", line 109, in get_loader
> >     raise LoaderNotFound(requested_scheme, protocols=protocols)
> > plaster.exceptions.LoaderNotFound: Could not find a matching loader for the scheme "file+ini ", protocol "wsgi".
> >
> > Process finished with exit code 1
> >

> > Though I go to the official website about plaster and WSGI, I still cannot figure it out. \
> >
> > Do anyone have any suggestion or have any similar problem when configuring Pyramid web app in PyCharm?

Simon

Sep 11, 2021, 1:59:46 AM9/11/21
to pylons-discuss
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your inspiring question.

The problem exactly is the working directory in the run configuration. When I point the working directory to the folder containing myapp.ini, it is successfully launched. Therefore, in the run configuration of PyCharm, you do not only point the configuration file (here myapp.ini) but also the working directory.

Thank you very much for your time. Appreciated.

Steve Piercy

Sep 11, 2021, 2:41:29 PM9/11/21
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
I think that when you create a Pyramid project in PyCharm, it will populate the correct values in a new run configuration for you. But if you go through any other process, you will need to set it up.

BTW, existing run/debug configurations call it a "Pyramid server", which is nonsense. Pyramid is a web framework, whereas Waitress and others are servers.

--steve

On 9/10/21 10:59 PM, Simon wrote:
> [...]
> > >   File "/Users/simon/Documents/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyramid/scripts/pserve.py", line 193, in run
> > >     loader = self._get_config_loader(config_uri)
> > >   File "/Users/simon/Documents/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyramid/scripts/common.py", line 23, in get_config_loader
> > >     return plaster.get_loader(config_uri, protocols=['wsgi'])
> > >   File "/Users/simon/Documents/venv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/plaster/loaders.py", line 109, in get_loader
> > >     raise LoaderNotFound(requested_scheme, protocols=protocols)
> > > plaster.exceptions.LoaderNotFound: Could not find a matching loader for the scheme "file+ini ", protocol "wsgi".
> > >
> > > Process finished with exit code 1
> > >

> > > Though I go to the official website about plaster and WSGI, I still cannot figure it out. \
> > >
> > > Do anyone have any suggestion or have any similar problem when configuring Pyramid web app in PyCharm?

Simon

Sep 12, 2021, 5:55:02 PM9/12/21
to pylons-discuss
You are right and the operation to configure working directory depends on the process to create the project in PyCharm.

I agree. Exactly the default sever for web app in Pyramid framework is Waitress. Probably the PyCharm just wants to use it in some implicit way to separate from Flask and Django. However, Pyramid framework is too abroad and general for it. Probably this is the tradeoff between popularity and technique accuracy.

-Simon

Steve Piercy

Sep 12, 2021, 6:47:58 PM9/12/21
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, I filed a feature request, and it was triaged by JetBrains within 24 hours.

https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/PY-50696

--steve
> > > https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-pyramid-project.html <https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-pyramid-project.html> <https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-pyramid-project.html <https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-pyramid-project.html>> <https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-pyramid-project.html <https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-pyramid-project.html> <https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-pyramid-project.html <https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/creating-pyramid-project.html>>>
> > >
> > > Otherwise we recommend using pyramid-cookiecutter-starter.
> > >
> > > https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-starter <https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-starter> <https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-starter <https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-starter>> <https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-starter <https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-starter> <https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-starter <https://github.com/Pylons/pyramid-cookiecutter-starter>>>
> > >
> > > PyCharm Professional uses pyramid-cookiecutter-starter under the hood.
> > >
> > > --steve

> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/d2974f67-3b15-4dbc-9ed5-f9bac8be7046n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/d2974f67-3b15-4dbc-9ed5-f9bac8be7046n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/d2974f67-3b15-4dbc-9ed5-f9bac8be7046n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/d2974f67-3b15-4dbc-9ed5-f9bac8be7046n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/d2974f67-3b15-4dbc-9ed5-f9bac8be7046n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/d2974f67-3b15-4dbc-9ed5-f9bac8be7046n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> > <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/d2974f67-3b15-4dbc-9ed5-f9bac8be7046n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/d2974f67-3b15-4dbc-9ed5-f9bac8be7046n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>>>.
> > >
> > > --
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pylons-discuss/2f66bd72-c6af-48cb-a4ab-a0bb1dbfd311n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>>.

Simon

Sep 12, 2021, 9:43:31 PM9/12/21
to pylons-discuss
Good job, Steve. Appreciate your effort in Pyramid and the proposal in PyCharm.

Thanks.