pyramid_session_redis - v1.7.0rc1

Jonathan Vanasco

Jun 13, 2023, 1:04:22 PM6/13/23
to pylons-discuss
I've released a new branch of pyramid_sesion_redis with an rc1 status:  1.7.0rc1

     https://pypi.org/project/pyramid-session-redis/
     https://github.com/jvanasco/pyramid_session_redis

If anyone is able to test this on their staging systems, I would be very appreciative.  This has been working well for our needs, but the package is implemented in many different ways.

This is the fist version to drop py2 and pyramid1 support.  The minimum requirements are Py3.6 and Pyramid2.0

Most of the changes are internal and have to deal with supporting mypy and handling some edge-cases that mypy surfaced.

Default usage should be fully backwards compatible.  The only known breaking change so far involves specifying a custom id_generator.  The library now requires session_ids to be strings, and will convert an integer id into a string.

Mike Orr

Jun 15, 2023, 12:41:29 PM6/15/23
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
I can try it in my current project update. It will have a code freeze
at the beginning of July. Do you expect a release by then? Although I
don't need to upgrade it if the changes are mainy for mypy, which I
don't use.

Mike Orr <slugg...@gmail.com>

Jonathan Vanasco

Jun 16, 2023, 5:11:05 PM6/16/23
to pylons-discuss
It's just mypy and dropping python2.

There was one small change, in which session ids must now be a string.

Integrating mypy has been great.  It's been surfacing so many edge cases for me.