'command not found' error when trying to run built executable

Ross Duncan

May 29, 2019, 6:34:01 AM5/29/19
to PyInstaller
I have a reasonably complex working python program.

I am new to pyinstaller.

I have managed to create my executable but when it runs all I get is MyProg: command not found.

ls -la shows "x" set OK for all users.

I build with --noupx  --onefile  --debug=all proj.spec

proj.spec is the one auto generated with the addition of a folder of json files for my code.

I understand I could have build issues.

Can anyone set me on the road to finding the solution?

Thanks

Ross Duncan

Raoul Snyman

Jul 10, 2019, 6:33:08 PM7/10/19
to PyInstaller
This doesn't sound like a PyInstaller problem, it sounds like an
execution problem.

How are you executing your program? In Unix-like systems, the current
directory is not part of your PATH, so you have to reference the file
through a relative or absolute path. In most cases where your
executable is in your current directory, you just need to prepend your
call to the executable with "./", for example:

$ ./MyProg

instead of

$ MyProg

Raoul Snyman
B.Tech Information Technology (Software Engineering)
E-Mail: raoul....@gmail.com
Web: http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
Blog: http://blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
Mobile: 082 550 3754