Can't get started

David Chandler

May 12, 2020, 3:16:21 AM5/12/20
to PyInstaller
I am new to pyinstaller.  I am using Windows 10, Anaconda, and the Anaconda version of PyCharm.  I installed pyinstaller in a CMD window by doing:  pip install pyinstaller.  That seemed to work In my CMD window I then navigated to my application folder and typed:   pyinstaller <my-python-program.py>.  My system said pyinstaller was not recognized.  How can I get it recognized system-wide?

Arthur van Acker

May 12, 2020, 5:35:07 AM5/12/20
to PyInstaller
I had the same issue, and for me it worked when I tried it with PyInstaller, with a capital P and a capital I

David Chandler

May 12, 2020, 11:55:14 AM5/12/20
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
That doesn't work for me.  It seems it must be some kind of path problem.

bwoodsend

May 12, 2020, 12:53:02 PM5/12/20
to PyInstaller
Are you using the Anaconda prompt or just the bog-standard Windows cmd? It's a while since I stopped using Anaconda but I remember that it didn't add anything to PATH. Rather there was an activation bat file that would add all you Python installation paths to PATH temporarily and the Anaconda prompt ran that bat on opening.

Nico Zanferrari

May 13, 2020, 2:56:35 AM5/13/20
to PyInstaller
Hi,

on a standard installation on Windows 10, pyinstaller.exe will be executed from a folder like "C:\Users\nico\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts" which normally is already present in your path.
Maybe this is not true in your case, or you must activate the Anaconda environment before using pyinstaller installed within it.

Nico