pyinstaller fails

Don H

May 19, 2021, 12:45:52 PM5/19/21
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
I posted this question before and got no replies. I have been very
successful using pyinstaller to generate .exe files from my python 3.95
code.
However starting last week that success stopped. Pyinstaller will not
make a .exe file that runs properly even with the simpilest code in the
.py file being converted. Has anyone else experienced this? My typical
entery when trying to creat the .exe file would be something like
pyinstaller --onefile filename.py

I have switched to using py2exe and it works fine but I think
pyinstaller is easier to use.

bwoodsend

May 21, 2021, 3:19:21 AM5/21/21
to PyInstaller
You got no reply because you didn't provide any information. In what way does it not work? Does it fail at build time or runtime? What's the full error output in either case? Does it work without onefile?