EXE failes without error -- problem tracked to numpy.polyfit

Peter Farac

Feb 16, 2021, 4:30:52 AM2/16/21
to PyInstaller
Hi

I have a project that is successfully compiling to EXE without any errors. Under debug=imports, all relevant packages seem to import just fine as below.

import numpy.polynomial # PyInstaller PYZ
import numpy.polynomial.polynomial # PyInstaller PYZ
import numpy.polynomial.polyutils # PyInstaller PYZ
import 'numpy.polynomial.polyutils' # <pyimod03_importers.FrozenImporter object at 0x000000000254AF48>
import numpy.polynomial._polybase # PyInstaller PYZ
import 'numpy.polynomial._polybase' # <pyimod03_importers.FrozenImporter object at 0x000000000254AF48>
import 'numpy.polynomial.polynomial' # <pyimod03_importers.FrozenImporter object at 0x000000000254AF48>

However, when the numpy.polyfit (https://numpy.org/doc/stable/reference/generated/numpy.polyfit.html) function is called, the EXE will crash with no error.

I'm at a loose end here with no errors during build or during run. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

bwoodsend

Feb 16, 2021, 7:38:28 AM2/16/21
to PyInstaller

I take it you’re using Anaconda? This sounds like the fabled libiomp5md.dll Conda/NumPy error. In which case this has been fixed on Github but not yet released. You can either install PyInstaller from Github with pip install -U https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/archive/develop.zip (please uninstall the original first) or copy the missing DLL as described here.

Peter Farac

Feb 17, 2021, 4:18:26 AM2/17/21
to PyInstaller
I installed from the development branch and it's working perfectly. I searched for a solution for a long time and didn't come across that github thread.

Thankyou!