Multiple instance of exe getting Started

Selva Prakash

May 13, 2021, 4:44:18 AM5/13/21
to PyInstaller
My python program was based on PyQt5 and Pytesseract mainly. I converted the program into exe using Pyinstaller. When I start the exe, I can see multiple instances of the exe getting started in the background. Not sure why this happens. I would appreciate any guidance on this.

pyinstaller.png

Regards,
Selva Prakash.

bwoodsend

May 15, 2021, 4:01:02 PM5/15/21
to PyInstaller
Does it use multiprocessing at all? Can you confirm that only one process appears if you run your code in regular Python?

Selva Prakash

May 17, 2021, 10:49:07 AM5/17/21
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Sorry for the delay.

There is no multiprocessing involved. If I run it in command prompt or vscode, only one process is running.