$50 bounty to package my simple Python 2D game to a Windows executable.

Scott Swain

May 29, 2020, 4:24:43 AM5/29/20
to PyInstaller
Hi -

I want to offer $50 bounty (wish I could afford more!) for someone to package my simple Python 2D game to a Windows EXE.
I built the game using Python 3.8 - 64bit in Windows and it uses the following dependencies:
import arcade, from arcade.gui import *, import math, import random, import os, import pyautogui, from datetime import datetime, timedelta

NOTE: This will also run in earlier versions of Python.

Oh and I'd like some sort of basic list of "Here's how I did it" so I can replicate the process.

Thanks!
scottermonk-at-gmail

bwoodsend

May 29, 2020, 10:23:51 AM5/29/20
to PyInstaller

Hi,

Based on your imports I think all you need is this hook file for arcade and it should be pretty straightforward after that. I’ve frozen a couple of arcade demo scripts with it OK. Depending on your environment you might have to exclude ['PyQt4', "PyQt5", "scipy", "tkinter", "tk"] using either --exclude PyQt4 from command or excludes=['PyQt4', "PyQt5", "scipy", "mousinfo", "pymsgbox", "tkinter", "tk"] in the Analysis part of the spec file. Also you’re better not using Python 3.8 with PyInstaller as it’s still not properly supported yet. Switch to 3.7 if you can.

Brénainn

bwoodsend

May 29, 2020, 10:24:36 AM5/29/20
to PyInstaller