[MacOS10.15.4, Python3.8] Execution failed: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'arch'

Joseph Liang

May 16, 2020, 7:44:25 AM5/16/20
to PyInstaller
Hello:

I have a python script 'PlotGui.py' that uses packages tkinter, matplotlib, among others.

Whether I execute pyinstaller with the command 'pyinstaller --onefile -w Plot_Gui.py', or simply 'pyinstaller Plot_Gui.py', I keep running into this error. (picture attached). I've tried on PyInstaller 3.6, and downgraded to 3.4, but still get this problem.

Any clue how to fix this?

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 4.15.09 PM.png

Brendan Simon (eTRIX)

May 18, 2020, 3:52:58 AM5/18/20
to pyins...@googlegroups.com, Joseph Liang
Have you got xcode command line tools installed on your Mac ?

If not, then install with:

$ xcode-select --install

Google with throw up lots of hits.  Here's one.

https://osxdaily.com/2014/02/12/install-command-line-tools-mac-os-x/

--

$ arch
i386