Pull request errors in ubuntu workflow checks

Hamed Akrami

Jul 11, 2022, 4:10:13 PM7/11/22
to PyData
Hi, I solved a bug in pandas, but some of my pull request automated workflow tests fails. I don't know how to make them passed. Their all about building source code in other OS's like Ubuntu, Mac Os and etc.

This is link of pull request page:

32 Bit Linux / pytest (pull_request)
Doc Build and Upload / Doc Build and Upload (pull_request)
Ubuntu / actions-38.yaml pyarrow=5 not single_cpu (pull_request)
.
.
.

Josh Friedlander

Jul 11, 2022, 4:23:44 PM7/11/22
to pyd...@googlegroups.com
I think I had a PR accepted a while ago with some of the CI tests falling. They had some issues that weren't related to my change.

But pay attention to the feedback jreback left you: show an example of the bug you're fixing and add a unit test. Also, I think adding a comment saying that it's your fix is unnecessary. It's visible in the git history.

Reza Akraminejad

Aug 16, 2022, 4:37:57 PM8/16/22
to PyData
I use "git remote add upstream https://github.com/pandas-dev/pandas.git" to point to upstream, as in documents said. But when I want to run some tests, it fails. Should I get last version of 1.4.x as upstream or main or dev version?