Geotrust Cert Deprecation 3/29

Arvind

Mar 23, 2021, 11:50:13 AM3/23/21
to pushy
Hello Pushy community,
Re: Apple Push Notification service server certificate update - News - Apple Developer

Does anyone know or have ideas on how this will be rolled out? I'm curious if this impacts already established persistent connections i.e if there will be any renegotiation. Just trying to understand what I need to watch out for on 3/29.

Thanks,
Arvind.

Jon Chambers

Mar 23, 2021, 7:50:09 PM3/23/21
to Arvind, pushy
I'm afraid we don't know much about the specifics of the rollout, honestly. My guess is that existing connections will either continue to work (since they've already done the initial session negotiation) or Apple will close them by way of rebooting their servers to apply the certificate update.

-Jon

--
Pushy is an open-source Java library for sending APNs (iOS and OS X) push notifications. Pushy is brought to you by the engineers at RelayRides.