puppet lvm module

Alex Samad

Aug 8, 2016, 3:11:50 AM8/8/16
to Puppet Users
Hi

is it possible to access the filesystem type in the puppet/lvm module.

in my module I tried doing this

 lvm::filesystem { '/dev/vg_data/varlogyb':
    ensure => true,
    fs_type => 'ext4',
    options => '-L  varlogyb',
  }

but that errored out

Alex Samad

Aug 8, 2016, 3:38:35 AM8/8/16
to Puppet Users
So it seems like i can access it as just filesystem

Why is that, i presume it comes from the puppet/lvm module ???

jcbollinger

Aug 8, 2016, 9:14:31 AM8/8/16
to Puppet Users

On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 2:38:35 AM UTC-5, Alex Samad wrote:
So it seems like i can access it as just filesystem

Why is that, i presume it comes from the puppet/lvm module ???

Custom types are implemented via the same mechanisms that the types included in the base package are implemented, and that mechanism has always provided a single, flat namespace for all types.  There are technical challenges to changing the current implementation in that regard, though I'm sure those could be overcome if there were sufficient motivation.  In any case, all types implemented as native types belong to the top scope, whether they are included in the base Puppet distribution or not.  You'll see this with other modules, too, such as the stdlib's file_line.

John

Alex Samad

Aug 8, 2016, 7:35:42 PM8/8/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Sorry new to puppet, not sure which mechinism your talking about.

from the file listing

find modules/lvm/ | grep -i filesy
modules/lvm/lib/puppet/type/filesystem.rb
modules/lvm/lib/puppet/provider/filesystem
modules/lvm/lib/puppet/provider/filesystem/lvm.rb
modules/lvm/lib/puppet/provider/filesystem/aix.rb
modules/lvm/spec/unit/puppet/type/filesystem_spec.rb
modules/lvm/spec/unit/puppet/provider/filesystem
modules/lvm/spec/unit/puppet/provider/filesystem/lvm_spec.rb
modules/lvm/spec/unit/type/filesystem_spec.rb

I presume the ./lib directory is what is injecting it into the system

what do i look up in the documents to learn more about this ?
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/b9a93808-1863-4ce3-bc0a-94af33127574%40googlegroups.com.

jcbollinger

Aug 9, 2016, 8:55:20 AM8/9/16
to Puppet Users

On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 6:35:42 PM UTC-5, Alex Samad wrote:
Hi

Sorry new to puppet, not sure which mechinism your talking about.

My point was not about the details of implementing custom types, it was simply that all native types -- both custom and Puppet-provided -- share a single, anonymous namespace.

[...] what do i look up in the documents to learn more about this ?

Depending on what parts you're interested in, you would probably want to start with either

John