Puppet 4 EOL?

53 wyświetlenia

Sven vd

nieprzeczytany,
12 lut 2018, 11:43:2112.02.2018
do Puppet Users
Hi,

Currently our infrastructure and code is written with and run by puppet 4 opensource.

We are using https://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/7/PC1/x86_64/ repos for updates of our installed software, puppetserver, puppetdb, puppet agent.

Since puppet 5 was released the puppet 5 packages shifted to another repo https://yum.puppetlabs.com/puppet/el/7/x86_64/. We are not using this repo since we are currently on puppet 4 codebase.

So the question is, how long will the https://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/7/PC1/x86_64/  repo get updates (security fixed, improvements etc) and when is open source puppet 4 considered End Of Life?

Thanks

R.I.Pienaar

nieprzeczytany,
12 lut 2018, 12:15:2012.02.2018
do puppet...@googlegroups.com
if you look at the Puppet Enterprise support cycle and figure out which is the last one with Puppet 4 then you will know when 4 will be EOL. If I read it right it looks to be around July 2018.

Upgrade to Puppet 5 from 4 is pretty trivial, so should be easy for you to follow along.

--
R.I.Pienaar / www.devco.net / @ripienaar

Eric Sorenson

nieprzeczytany,
12 lut 2018, 12:20:2512.02.2018
do Puppet Users
Close, the PE2016.4 LTS uses Puppet 4 and is supported through October 2018.

--eric0

Sven vd

nieprzeczytany,
12 lut 2018, 12:32:5812.02.2018
do Puppet Users
Thanks, very clear answers

For reference, you can map puppet versions with PE releases by checking the overview page
https://puppet.com/docs/pe/2017.3/overview/component_versions_in_recent_pe_releases.html
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż