Uninstall Puppet, Facter and Hiera from OSX Mavericks

Ber Clausen

Mar 25, 2014, 2:11:59 PM3/25/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

I'm quite new to OSX, so after a while building stuff I ended up installing Puppet, Facter and Hiera .dmg files from Puppetlabs site. Now I need to uninstall them so I can Puppet via gem.

Puppet 3.5.0-rc2
Hiera 1.3.2
Facter 2.0.1-rc2

How can I uninstall this packages?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Rob Reynolds

Mar 25, 2014, 5:50:18 PM3/25/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
IIRC with OSX you either remove the application file or delete what you pulled out of the DMG file, unless there is a specific uninstaller with the installer (but that might just be in .PKG files). See http://guides.macrumors.com/Uninstalling_Applications_in_Mac_OS_X

Rob Reynolds
Developer, Puppet Labs

Join us at PuppetConf 2014September 23-24 in San Francisco - http://bit.ly/pupconf14
Register now and save $350!