Problem with report processor - undefined method

Jon Yeargers

Dec 5, 2013, 7:29:44 PM12/5/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
After I got puppetdb working I was looking about at the various bits of data available. Looking at the 'nodes' option I was suprised to see this:

  "report_timestamp" : null

for every node. They all have this for their puppet.conf:

[main]
logdir=/var/log/puppet
vardir=/var/lib/puppet
ssldir=/var/lib/puppet/ssl
rundir=/var/run/puppet
factpath=$vardir/lib/facter
templatedir=$confdir/templates
[agent]
server=server_name
certname=client_name
pluginsync=true
report=true

so I assumed they were reporting.

TL;DR

Looking at /var/log/messages on the server I found these messages appearing:

puppet-master[1090]: Report processor failed: undefined method `>=' for nil:NilClass

What's up? Have I misconfigured something?

Clients: v 2.6
Server: v 3.3

Jon Yeargers

Dec 6, 2013, 4:13:46 PM12/6/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
On further inspections the YAML files are still being created but not the puppet db entries.

Felix Frank

Dec 10, 2013, 7:58:08 AM12/10/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
On 12/06/2013 01:29 AM, Jon Yeargers wrote:
> TL;DR

Uhm, what? Your message was pretty concise actually ;)

> Looking at /var/log/messages on the server I found these messages appearing:
>
> puppet-master[1090]: Report processor failed: undefined method `>=' for
> nil:NilClass
>
> What's up? Have I misconfigured something?

Hmm, nothing jumping at me. This may be a bug. Please try and find a
similar report on http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/. If there is
none, feel free to open another one with your findings.

Thanks,
Felix

Jeff Bachtel

Dec 10, 2013, 11:16:33 AM12/10/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
If this is accurate, I can only warn that I've run into horribly annoying, manifest-breaking issues trying to run 2.6/2.7 clients with 3.3 servers. It may not be official advice, but if you can make puppet client versions track your puppet server closer, you will have much less headache.

Jeff

Jon Yeargers

Dec 10, 2013, 11:23:35 AM12/10/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
I would love DEARLY to be able to update my clients (agents) but they are running on ARM processors and I can't get the update. I posted about this here and on askpuppet but haven't found an answer yet.