my puppets clients are unreachable

puppetstan

Mar 11, 2014, 12:35:18 PM3/11/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hello

After to change a network device beetween my puppetmaster and my puppets clients my puppetmaster, my puppets clients are unreachable.

I changed a network device in front of a zone server. I need to edit the file / etc / resolv.conf for all servers behind this network with my puppetmaster but
my puppets clients are unreachable, The puppet-dasboard say : Unresponsive.

I m obliged to go to each server and restart puppet client service on each server so that it works again

Is there another solution because i have a lot of puppets clients?

thank you in advance

David Schmitt

Mar 11, 2014, 3:22:42 PM3/11/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
On 2014-03-11 17:35, puppetstan wrote:
> Hello
>
> After to change a network device beetween my puppetmaster and my puppets
> clients my puppetmaster, my puppets clients are unreachable.
>
> I changed a network device in front of a zone server. I need to edit the
> file / etc / resolv.conf for all servers behind this network with my
> puppetmaster but my puppets clients are unreachable, The
> puppet-dasboardsay : Unresponsive.
>
> I m obliged to go to each server and restart puppet client service on
> each server so that it works again
>
> Is there another solution because i have a lot of puppets clients?

You might have luck if you restore DNS service on the "old" address
until all nodes have received the updated resolve.conf.

Good luck, D.

puppetstan

Mar 12, 2014, 11:29:13 AM3/12/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for your answer but its not a DNS problem because i not join my puppet client.

After to change a network device beetween my puppetmaster and my puppets clients, all my puppet client have this problem -->

#/etc/init.d/puppet status
puppetd is dead but pid file exist

My puppet client lose the connection with a new device beetween my puppemaster and my puppet client and stop puppet daemon..

this is not very reassuring

José Luis Ledesma

Mar 12, 2014, 1:54:38 PM3/12/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

If the puppet agent is dead, you have to bring them up. Really not sure what happened ( I have the agents always stopped)

I would recommend some kind of orchestration/automation tool to avoid having to do this kind of things manually.( like mcollective if you want open source)

Regards

puppetstan

Mar 13, 2014, 2:33:03 PM3/13/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com