Announce: Puppet Agent 1.2, Facter 3, Puppet 4.2, Hiera 3

185 skatījumi
Pāriet uz pirmo nelasīto ziņojumu

Eric Sorenson

nelasīta,
2015. gada 24. jūn. 22:23:2824.06.15
uz puppet...@googlegroups.com
There's a new All-in-One Puppet Agent release available! This release bundles
new versions of several component projects and is downloadable now through the
Puppet Collection 1 repository.

* Puppet 4.2 includes several features and bug fixes, and officially deprecates
Windows 2003. Release notes here: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/4.2/reference/release_notes.html
* Facter 3, the rewritten C++-based facter, is now the baseline Facter
implementation. Read more here: https://puppetlabs.com/blog/speeding-up-puppet-on-windows
* Hiera 3 is included, which contains a change to the default
hierarchy and datadir location. This is technically a semver break, so it's
a new major version. The gory details: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/hiera/3.0/release_notes.html

Get installation instructions and read about Puppet Collections, our
Linux-distribution-style repositories for Puppet related projects, here:
https://puppetlabs.com/blog/welcome-puppet-collections

Eric Sorenson - eric.s...@puppetlabs.com - freenode #puppet: eric0
puppet platform // coffee // techno // bicycles

Eric Sorenson

nelasīta,
2015. gada 25. jūn. 20:55:2325.06.15
uz puppet...@googlegroups.com,eric.s...@puppetlabs.com
We got a bug report about Facter 3 not picking up external facts that aren't pluginsynced from modules; this was an unexpected regression and we're rolling out a quick Facter 3.0.1 which fixes the issue. You can see more details here:

https://docs.puppetlabs.com/facter/3.0/release_notes.html#regression--break-cant-find-manually-installed-external-facts

The bug itself is being tracked here: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/FACT-1055

Thanks to Erik Dalén and James Ralston for raising this issue and testing the fix.

--eric0

Eric Sorenson

nelasīta,
2015. gada 26. jūn. 14:13:4826.06.15
uz puppet...@googlegroups.com

Last night we rolled a patch release which includes a fix for FACT-1055, a
regression which inadvertently broke backward compatibility for external facts
that are not pluginsync'ed from modules:
https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/FACT-1055

The new AIO bundle (puppet-agent-1.2.1) is available in all of the Puppet
Collection 1 repositories.

I also neglected to mention in the original announcement that we now have
package repositories for Debian Jessie and Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) and
Yosemite (10.10) and these OSes will be part of the regular release pipelines
going forward.

Michael Stahnke

nelasīta,
2015. gada 26. jūn. 16:26:2126.06.15
uz puppet...@googlegroups.com

I also neglected to mention in the original announcement that we now have
package repositories for Debian Jessie and Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) and
Yosemite (10.10) and these OSes will be part of the regular release pipelines
going forward.

For those looking for Mac packages, they are at https://downloads.puppetlabs.com/mac/PC1/ which might not be completely obvious.

Daniel Urist

nelasīta,
2015. gada 29. jūn. 13:33:3529.06.15
uz puppet-users
Are there up-to-date instructions for how to install from the apt repos for jessie?

Michael Stahnke

nelasīta,
2015. gada 29. jūn. 14:28:1029.06.15
uz puppet...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Daniel Urist <dur...@ucar.edu> wrote:
Are there up-to-date instructions for how to install from the apt repos for jessie?

Install http://apt.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs-release-pc1-jessie.deb and then use apt-get to install puppet-agent. That should be about it.

Melissa Stone

nelasīta,
2015. gada 29. jūn. 14:44:3029.06.15
uz puppet...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Michael Stahnke <sta...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Daniel Urist <dur...@ucar.edu> wrote:
Are there up-to-date instructions for how to install from the apt repos for jessie?

Install http://apt.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs-release-pc1-jessie.deb and then use apt-get to install puppet-agent. That should be about it.

There's currently an issue with the jessie release package because we have yet to ship any packages that have sources. Follow https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-4792 for details.

Melissa Stone
Release Engineer, Puppet Labs

PuppetConf 2015 is coming to Portland, Oregon! Join us October 5-9.
Register now to take advantage of the Early Adopter discount save $349!
Atbildēt visiem
Atbildēt autoram
Pārsūtīt
0 jauni ziņojumi