Support for Ubuntu 22.04

grant....@webqem.com

Mar 14, 2022, 2:20:56 PM3/14/22
to Puppet Users
Does anyone know when the apt repos will support Ubuntu 'jammy' 22.04?

Dirk Heinrichs

Mar 15, 2022, 4:17:58 AM3/15/22
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Am Sonntag, dem 13.03.2022 um 16:21 -0700 schrieb grant....@webqem.com:

Does anyone know when the apt repos will support Ubuntu 'jammy' 22.04?

Yeah, it would really be great if the support was available by the time it is released.

Bye...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs
Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline

grant....@webqem.com

May 10, 2022, 8:54:33 PM5/10/22
to Puppet Users
Any update on this one from Puppet Labs please? The OS has been released for several weeks now, and nearly all other major third party repos (NGiNX, Percona, Icinga2) have added support for it by now. Thanks in advance.

Alex Rodriguez

May 11, 2022, 12:25:05 PM5/11/22
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Support for Ubuntu (General Availability kernels) 20.04 x86_64 is part of Puppet Enterprise 2021.6 and 2019.8.11. These two are scheduled for release later today.

Alex Rodriguez
Technical Program Manager

Alex Rodriguez

May 11, 2022, 1:16:56 PM5/11/22
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
My apologies, the question was related to Ubuntu 22.04 but my previous reply was in relation to Ubuntu 20.04.  So, in relation to Ubuntu 22.04, at this point in time, I know that for sure Open Source Puppet will have Agent support for Ubuntu 22.04 by the end of May.  But Puppet Enterprise will not have it until August, 2022.  One question, are you also looking for Ubuntu 22.04 support for Primary Platforms?

Alex

Dirk Heinrichs

May 12, 2022, 1:28:38 AM5/12/22
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Am Mittwoch, dem 11.05.2022 um 10:16 -0700 schrieb Alex Rodriguez:

One question, are you also looking for Ubuntu 22.04 support for Primary Platforms?

Should be at least a(md|rm)64 in the beginning, I guess.
signature.asc

Lisa Ross

May 12, 2022, 6:57:12 AM5/12/22
to puppet...@googlegroups.com, Alex Rodriguez
Hi Alex

Ubuntu 22.04 Agent support is planned for this quarter, we don't have a specific timeline just yet as we have other priorities that we are working on.

Thanks
Lisa

Dirk Heinrichs

May 27, 2022, 6:06:21 AM5/27/22
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Am Donnerstag, dem 12.05.2022 um 11:56 +0100 schrieb Lisa Ross:

Ubuntu 22.04 Agent support is planned for this quarter, we don't have a specific timeline just yet as we have other priorities that we are working on.

Sounds like the release of Ubuntu 22.04 was a big surprise ;-). For the future: Would it be possible to start development of packages for new distribution versions while they are in beta? This way the packages should be available sooner after the new distribution version has been released.
face-wink.svg

Lisa Ross

May 27, 2022, 10:15:21 AM5/27/22
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
We weren't surprised, adding support for this OS was just a lower priority than others. With the amount of priorities and other work we are responsible for starting development in beta is not possible.

Kenyon Ralph

May 27, 2022, 11:20:06 AM5/27/22
to Puppet Users
It's a bit concerning that the company doesn't prioritize its most fundamental, core product. No other thing you're working on matters if we can't run Puppet Enterprise.

grant....@webqem.com

Aug 25, 2022, 1:38:30 AM8/25/22
to Puppet Users
Thank you for adding puppet-agent support for Ubuntu 22.04.
Do you have any indication when other open source components such as puppetserver puppetdb and bolt might also be available for Ubuntu 22.04? Is there a roadmap for this you might be able to share with community please?