error de conection

Javier Velasco

Apr 13, 2018, 10:47:01 AM4/13/18
to Puppet Users

when I run in the agent the command puppet master --debug --no-daemonize stays waiting in the line debug: Finishing transaction -612625138 and does not deliver the certificate, I run the command

openssl s_client -connect puppetc4: 8140  and habeces connects and other times, when I run again the command puppet master --debug --no-daemonize

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Connection reset by peer - SSL_connect

notice: Using cached catalog

err: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

debug: Executing '/ etc / puppet / etckeeper-commit-post'

debug: report supports formats: b64_zlib_yaml pson raw yaml; using pson

err: Could not send report: Connection reset by peer - SSL_connect

I would appreciate the help possible

Christopher Wood

Apr 13, 2018, 1:34:15 PM4/13/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
I haven't had that experience with puppet, but I have had it with other services.

Assuming you've gone through things like checking load, logs (for the puppetserver/puppet master), continuous ping, strace, and so on, I recommend that you capture packets on either side. Checking timestamps may show you if both sides of the tcp conversation are getting through. If they are you know the issue is isolated to one or both sides, if the packets aren't getting through then you know to check intervening switches and firewalls.

Especially the "connection reset by peer" part. If one end is hanging and the other end reports a reset connection, to me that sounds like something in the middle.

> References
>
> Visible links
> 1. mailto:puppet-users...@googlegroups.com
> 2. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/19c0b7e2-779f-4877-8397-c129be232f3f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> 3. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Javier Velasco

Apr 16, 2018, 7:29:46 AM4/16/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the help, I have made ping from the server to the PC and vice versa and the times are acceptable, with tracerouter I do not have any problems the communication is acceptable between the clients and the server